Sunday, November 25, 2012

The First

Lily turned one.  It's crazy how fast this year has gone and how much has happened in a year.  
 This little gal is such a joy in our home.  Everyone at our house absolutely adores her and she is in the cutest phase.  I love watching her learn.  I am always amazed at her comprehension of things going on around her and how quickly she figures things out.
 She is saying quite a few words such as more, Audrey, Julia, Hi, daddy, light, Mama.  She isn't quite walking yet but will be soon.  She is obsessed with her little push walker.  We always call her "old lady" because it reminds us of a little old lady pushing around her walker.  Lily has gotten fast though and if you're not careful she'll mow you over.  She has actually ran over a couple of toys on purpose.  She's a mean little old lady with her walker.
 Lily adores her sisters and wants to be where they are at all times.  She'll stay downstairs with me unless they're home.  If they are upstairs playing she will make a beeline for the stairs and will be up in a flash.  Nothing will stop her.  And if they try she will mow them over with her walker I'm sure of it.
 She loves animals and can make a few animal sounds.  She has always been super chubby but is definitely thinning out.  She weighed nearly 21 lbs at six months and just weighs 22 lbs at a year.  You all remember those fat legs right?  They were epic that's for sure.
 She plays peek-a-boo with me every time I lay her in her bed.  She pulls her blanket that she loves more than life itself over her head and says, "oooo"  and then giggles like crazy.  She doesn't like to cuddle at all.  She likes to just be put in her bed and left alone.  I love cuddlers but I am not going to complain about a baby that goes to sleep so easy with such minimal effort.  When I take a picture she often gives me a squinchy eyed cheeser grin.  Oh my gosh it makes me want to gobble her up.
 She loves to eat.  She loves to drink.  She sucks down a sippy cup in record time.  When we gave her the cake for her birthday I assumed she would go to town but she even surprised me.  I honestly thought she was going to be sick after the damage she did.
 We tried to get her to wear the hat but that only enraged her.  So we gave in and took it off.
 She dug right into the frosting.
 And it was complete annihilation from there.
 She has such a spunky personality.  I could not adore her more.  Even typing all of this about her makes me tear up because I just love her so so much and it just goes so so fast.  I am just overwhelmed at the joy my children bring me.  I am so lucky.  I always want to enjoy these precious little moments I am given.
 Sucking down that milk.  Record time I tell you.
 On to the bath.  She adores baths until I wash her hair.  And then she screams and bats at the water on her face.  A bath brings the two extremes of joy and terror.
We took a video of her washing herself clean.  Oh we love you Lily!  Happy Birthday to our sweet girl.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You are such a great mom. I looooove thinking about her mowing things down with her walker. And...girls trip? Email me back!

Phillips Family said...

Love the chocolate destruction!!!

Ryan & Amanda said...

She is such an adorable little girl, and she has gotten so big! I am loving thinking of her with her walker!

Ryan & Amanda said...

And seriously, what a lucky little girl she is! She is so obviously loved-love hearing you write about her and love seeing that pic of her with her big sisters!

Monica said...

Oh Annie, she is just too cute for words. I can see both of your girls in her. She is so adorable. Isn't this age the best? And hard at the same time? She and Max really would be best buddies.

Allyson said...

She is DARLING. AND your pictures are perfection!

I can't believe a year has happened. So many changes! It looks like things are going wonderfully for your cute family!

David and Kristi Gailey said...

She is darling! Can't believe how fast that year went! Miss you guys.