Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thanksgiving.

I know Thanksgiving was a while ago.  Whatever.  We had a good one.  It was so relaxing, full of good food and my parents came to spend it with us which was perfect.  The girls and I made little turkeys full of nuts for the table.  The girls absolutely love doing things like this and even though it is really busy, and I often don't want to,  I have to stop and remind myself to do things like that with them every once in a while. I will say the cinnamon nuts we put in the cups were delish. 
 Ready to stuff our faces.  Some years I undercook the turkey or have some other mishap but I must say this year I nailed it.  Everything tasted good.  So I insisted that the entire family refer to me as the "Cooking Goddess" for the rest of the weekend.  I felt I had earned it.  I would have gone for "Baking Goddess" but I didn't earn that one because I used Texas Roadhouse rolls.  And I didn't make a pie or homemade stuffing.  Okay so I didn't bake much but whatever I created tasted awesome so I'm sticking with "Cooking Goddess."
 We set up the Christmas tree.  Our home is a bit bigger this year and therefore the 20 dollar and 20 year old 4 foot tree wasn't going to cut it.  I found a tree online and went for it.  To my amazement and wonder when I pulled it out of the box the branches were on hinges and it just unfolded magically before my eyes.  We had the whole thing up in no time.  I was in awe.  Don't you love it when you take a chance on the internet and your purchase exceeded your expectations?  Well I sure do.
 I wanted to do completely different colors than I have in the past.  So I went with gold and blue.  It has already brought loads of Christmas joy into our home.  And Christmas massacres by a certain 12 month old that has learned to frankenwalk all over my house.
We did some other things like went on some walks, did a little shopping, played some games and went to a couple of restaurants.  A big highlight was watching Ohio State beat Michigan.  Overall it was a wonderful holiday.  We have so much to be thankful for and I love that there is a holiday completely dedicated to remembering the things we have.  Thanks again mom and dad for coming to spend it with us.

2 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

So fun and your tree is beautiful! I too love when online shopping is successful-so much time saved and stress averted!

Monica said...

Your tree is beautiful! I love it. Glad you had a good thanksgiving and that your parents could be there. I couldn't help but think of Thanksgivings in Ohio during this holiday! :)