Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Going-Ons

  One of the most important things I feel I can give my children is a love of music.  Julia has been taking piano lessons and I couldn't be more thrilled with how it is going for her.  She really enjoys it.  She had her first recital and did such a great job.  I could tell that she was really nervous but she played her songs so well and stepped up to the challenge.  I have to admit it was nice to just be worried about one child at the piano recital rather than the whole group.  I used to get some serious anxiety the week of my own students' piano recitals.  Her teacher is a perfect fit for her which makes me so happy.  I can't tell you the joy I feel to listen to her music fill our home.
 She looked so cute.  Her teacher says all we need to do now is get her to smile WHILE she is playing.
 The light display they have down town here is absolutely amazing. We went expecting some pretty lights but they definitely exceeded our expectations.
 The river runs through the lights and they play Christmas music on the loud speakers.  It was such a magical time.  I think we will go back several times before the season is over.
 The bridges were so impressive.



 We also decorated gingerbread houses for Family Home Evening.
 I glued the houses together with hot glue,.I know it's cheating but the inevitable frustration that would result in trying to assemble them with frosting isn't worth it.  I have images of girls laying on the ground, "They won't stick together, it keeps falling down!"  Instead the houses stayed very much together and the girls had the best time.  They were very creative with their houses.
 This one just whined and begged for candy.
 The finished products.

 And one more light picture.


3 comments:

bj+anne+brody+macie+lucy+ellie said...

you guys look like you are doing well-miss you!

Phillips Family said...

Wow, those lights are impressive. All we have in Wyoming is a couple of strands strewn over some trailers.

Ryan & Amanda said...

Those lights are amazing!! How about if we plan a Christmas time visit sometime?? :) Good for Julia with her piano recital! It is so good when they do something that is hard, and I am sure it was super nice for you to just sit and watch! So Audrey's hair is so long! I love her long high ponytail and their gingerbread houses look great-you have to avoid fits whenever possible so we have hot glued before and I don't see any point in not :).