Bryan had a few days off of work and we decided we need to have a little family vacation. We debated between a couple of places but finally decided to go to Sun Valley. We had never been and were excited to see a new place. It turned out to be a perfect trip. Even the drive there was so beautiful. We all love spending time outside and being active and this was the best place to do that. To make it even better my parents decided to come and make the trip with us. It was fun to spend my birthday and Mother's Day weekend with them.
Bryan took Lily out to this log. Lily did not think this was a great idea. Panic was the emotion Lily felt. She was very happy when he brought her back to the safety of the shore.
Audrey sticks to Nana like glue. I mean she is seriously attached.
My parents watched the girls for a couple of hours while Bryan and I went on a really long bike ride. It was wonderful. They have miles and miles of bike trails right at the base of the mountains. I loved every minute of it. We drove through the town and to the Warm Springs ski resort.
Spending some one on one time with this guy is always good. I am frequently amazed at how well Bryan and I work together. We are both VERY far from perfect but together we are a very good fit. He made me feel very loved for my birthday and mother's day and I am so lucky to have him.
I gave Lily some chocolate in the car which may have been a mistake.
We found the greatest park in Hailey and spent a great deal of time there. Julia and Audrey climbed every nook and cranny and Lily found the sand. She would just squat down and dig in the sand. I hate sand.
The girls found a plane to sit in. This park had all kinds of fun little areas. The weather was beyond beautiful too. Every day was perfect.
We even snuck in a decent family picture. It truly is a miracle when everyone is looking at the camera at the same time.
Lily is looking cute on the rock. She was a very dirty girl every single night. I really do love how much she enjoys being outside, that is until she figured out how to open the front door of the condo and slipped out all by herself. Luckily the mom radar went crazy and I noticed before she was gone for too long. Little stinker about gave me a heart attack though! By the end of the trip she would point to the door and say, "No, no, no!"
Julia and Audrey climbed trees with Bryan's help.
Julia really wanted to climb a big mountain. As we started this trail it was suggested to us to take the switchbacks so it wouldn't be too steep, but I was worried we wouldn't have time to get to the top. So we climbed straight up this mountain. I had Lily strapped to me and little Audrey followed up the back. It was probably a little more than we bargained for. Luckily we found the switchbacks to come down and it ended up being a great hike. The view from up top was amazing.
Julia and my mom up top. Julia was a little mountain goat. I think she could hike all day.
The view really was amazing.
My mom and I went to the shops downtown one afternoon. It is such a picturesque little town. The smell of pine fills the air and the view just can't be compared.
For Mother's Day my dad treated us to Brunch one morning at the Sun Valley Lodge. It was first rate let me tell you. It was fun to try such different breakfast food and the room we ate it was so beautiful with a view of the ice skating rink. We decided for Mother's Day we needed a girls picture in front of the swan pond.
My mom and me. I can't remember the last time we spent Mother's Day together. Probably ten years ago? I am so blessed to have such a wonderful mother that is such a great example to me and my best friend. It was so great to stay up late chatting, going on long walks and doing a little shopping. I wouldn't want to do it with anyone else. Thank you mom for everything.
Julia ordered hot chocolate and they brought it in a silver pitcher filled with the most delicious and rich hot chocolate ever. Julia thought it was pretty much the coolest thing in the world. Do you see that chandelier!? It was such a beautiful room.
Julia also found a giant chocolate covered strawberry.
Lily was naughty and totally didn't fit in this beautiful room. Oh well. At least she's cute while she is terrorizing and throwing food. She did really enjoy the french toast with berry syrup. Seriously. The food was out of this world.
My mom and dad. They are the best. It really was such a wonderful, relaxing, active and perfect trip. So glad we took the time to do it. We will definitely be going back someday.
It was nice to come home and talk to Bryan's mom as well. I can't mention Mother's Day without including Bryan's wonderful mom. She is one of the most hard working and loving people I know and we are so thankful for her. She has always sacrificed so much for her children and I aspire daily to be more like her.




2 comments:
Annie that looks soo fun and so pretty!! It seriously looks and sounds like such a great little getaway! So glad your mom radar went off with Lily, I am always amazed at just how fast they can go from being totally in sight to somewhere they shouldn't be! Your girls are adorable as ever!
We love Sun Valley!! Looks like a great little get away and so fun that your parents could come. Brunch at the lodge sounds heavenly.
Post a Comment