Audrey turned five. It seems so crazy to me that she is that old. Time always goes too quickly. We decided five was a good year for a birthday party. After some discussions on themes I finally talked her into having a bug party. We had bumblebee cupcakes, dirt cups with worms and went on a bug scavenger hunt. I think the girls all really enjoyed it.
We started with safari hats and a scroll giving instructions to find the prize.
The hats didn't stay on al that well but I did make the girls pose for a picture. They were really excited about the scavenger hunt. It was amusing reading them the clues and watching them sprint to the destination to find the bugs. They were very enthusiastic hunters. Their final prize were bug catching kits. They came with a net, tweezers and an observation container. The girls were actually really excited about it. I was worried they would be grossed out by bugs but they handled it all pretty well. Audrey has been catching roly polys ever since this party.
We ate cupcakes and dirt cups with gummy worms. One of the little girls REFUSED to eat dirt and worms. I could not convince her with pudding/oreos and gummy worms. She kept telling me, "I will not eat dirt and worms." It made me laugh.
Audrey has such cute little friends.
Julia was very excited to participate in everything. Sometimes it can be hard being a sibling for the one having the birthday party. Julia handled it all very well.
The pinata was a hit. Unfortunately, you can imagine seven little five year olds were less than successful in breaking the pinata. Weak hits would be an understatement. Thankfully Bryan and Julia were there to lend a helping hand.
They were very excited about the candy spilling out.
Presents are always the highlight.
Bryan and I joked that personal space goes out the window when it comes to present opening. Everyone will be sitting right on top of you.
This is a bit of a flashback but Audrey took donuts to her class for her birthday. I don't know if I have ever seen her more excited for anything in her entire life. She couldn't sleep the night before She was so excited to finally be the one to bring treats to school. When I took her that day she immediately ran in and embraced her teacher. It was really sweet. She has had such a great experience at school this year. I feel so blessed that she had a teacher she loved so much that she would spontaneously embrace her.
We had a little family celebration and poor Audrey had to share my old ice cream cake. In my defense, this is the most delicious ice cream cake I have ever had. All she really wanted to do was blow out candles. She didn't even eat any cake.
In other news, Julia got the highest honors for her first grade class and receive the golden eagle award at the award's assembly. We were really proud of her. She does so well in school and is such a smart, kind and good girl. She was really proud of this trophy. At Audrey's birthday party she actually came and set the trophy in the middle of the table while the kids were eating so she could show it off. I then had to explain that the five year olds probably didn't care.
Daddy posing with her at the assembly.
And just because she is such a cute little stinker...Oh this Lily is the cutest little bug. She just started nursery. I am the singing leader and go in to lead the music for the nursery class as well. I have taken Lily in with me since I received the calling. As I went in to do the music I was amazed that she knows all of the songs. I mean she attempted to sing every single word. I have got to make Bryan come in and take a video. Watching her sing "My Heavenly Father Loves Me," and "Popcorn Popping" has to be the cutest and funniest thing ever. She even gives an enthusiastic applause after every song.




2 comments:
Lily's cute little face staring back at me is about the best thing ever- so darling!! Your girls are doing so many fun and awesome thing-good for Julia, her award is so great and Happy Birthday Audrey-her party sounds like so much fun! I love her little maxi dress, I think seeing them on little girls is about my favorite thing!
stop it right now she can not be 5 already! Your girls are so cute I miss them so much, such fun pics and they look so grown up!
Post a Comment