Sunday, May 19, 2013

Bee Stings

Poor Lily got stung by a bee twice last fall and got hit again this spring.  Poor thing was out playing, minding her own business and that dang bee got her little finger.  Her fingers are already little sausages so you can imagine how big with a bee sting.  It was a wound only the binky could alleviate.  
 Good thing she doesn't let the bees get her down.  She's such a spunky, funny, happy little thing.  She keeps us on our toes that's for sure.
 I swear these girls all need a bath six times a day for how much they are outside getting dirty.  It has been wonderful though.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  Sidewalk chalk has been a daily activity and a picture had to be taken of their masterpieces.

 Julia had another piano recital.  She has really taken to the piano and it was fun to hear her songs.  She did a great job.  She played "Nephi's Courage", "Bubblegum" and "Boogie."
 Her teacher gave each student a balloon.  Her teacher really has been a perfect fit for Julia.  It is so fun to see the progress she has made this year.
 We went and had lunch downtown the other day with some friends.  It was such a beautiful day I just had to take some pictures.  We were able to sit outside by the river.  It was really nice other than the constant fear that Lily was getting too close to the water.


 We had a parent day for Audrey's ballet class.  Dancing is still her favorite thing in the world and she often says she wants to be a dance teacher when she grows up.  She's dancing to Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.  I can't wait for her recital.
 It's been done for a while but I never did put up a "final product" picture.  This is played on daily.  The girls are obsessed.
 Oh man I love these three.  Lily adores these big sisters and tries with all her might to keep up with them all day.
 I got my first pedicure with some friends the other day.  It was a unique experience.  The lady next to me was from a tiny island and has never worn shoes.  Her nails were literally three inches long and a half an inch thick.  They were talons.  I went in feeling rather self-conscious about my own unkept feet but left feeling like my feet aren't all that bad.  It was crazy.  I should have taken a picture of her toes.  Pedicures are great though.  You get to sit in a massage chair, have your feet rubbed, have the Vietnamese fellow tell you that it appears you walk barefoot all the time and if you are planning on losing a few pounds for the summer.  You know.  Left feeling pretty dang good about myself.
 Lily has braved up and is going down the slide all by herself.  She's so thrilled about it she does it over and over and over.
 Our lawn is so great right now.  We love being out there.
 Ring around the rosies...
 This Julia is looking so grown up.  I can't believe she is going to be eight in October.  It's just killing me.
 Julia is in a gymnastics class.  She couldn't do a cartwheel and it was bugging me.  So we decided to take a class for a couple of months.  She really enjoys it and I am actually really surprised at how much she has learned in such a short time.  She can do a backbend, her cartwheel is getting better and she can almost climb the entire rope.  So it's been a pretty good experience for her.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"She couldn't do a cartwheel and it was bugging me." This cracks me up. That swing set is kind of like the one by my house in OH we always went to!

Amanda said...

You are such a good writer Annie, your posts always make me laugh (in a good way!)!! It looks like such a fun area! Hopefully Lilly can make it through the rest of the summer bee-sting free, but I am glad the binky can fix it :).

David and Kristi Gailey said...

They are looking so big!!! Glad you got a pedicure aside from the slightly insulting man doing it.