Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Rest of the Trip

Since I was stuck with a broken transmission we decided to make the most of the trip and I headed to Evanston for a bit.  We had Jenna with us for a lot of the time which was fun for the girls.  They sure do love spending time with their cousins.  Unfortunately Brooke and Hanky were gone.  We sure missed them.

We spent an evening running through the sprinklers.
 They looked at me like I was crazy when I told them to just go ahead and run through them with their clothes on.  Sometimes you've just got to seize the moment.
 The luckiest part of the whole trip was that "Princess Camp" just happened to be that work and Jody made it possible for my girls to attend.  They were given these adorable costumes and did all kinds of crafts, activities and learned a few dances.  My girls absolutely loved the entire experience.  It was really well done and we will probably make a yearly trip back to attend.
 Even Cinderella made an appearance at the end of their dances and gave each of them a special gift.  The girls were on cloud nine.
 Lily felt like it was important that she was involved in the festivities as well and went and sat with all of the girls.

They also spent time outside with scooters and Lily would push this stroller all over the driveway.  We thought it was particularly amusing when we turned around and discovered she had found the light up Nativity. 
 They took photos at the Princess Camp and the girls decorated a frame for the picture.  I thought they turned out so cute.

 We went to the park a few times.
 And Julia got a major owie falling off the scooter.
 Oh man these pictures aren't in order.  Here is Jenna and Audrey with Cinderella.
 Julia begged and pleaded that we take a trip to the Clay Hills to climb the mountains.  So despite the nasty wind and a speeding ticket along the way a trip was made!  We grabbed some extra cheap pants for Lily because I came unprepared for my unexpected trip.  They were a little baggy to say the least.  This picture doesn't do it justice but they were really quite hysterical.  Baggy isn't even a sufficient word.
 Julia was in heaven and made me rather nervous as she went running up the hills.
 Dylan and Geoff were good to keep an eye on her.
 Papa and the grandkids.  They were really into his walking sticks.  Lily wanted to have a hand on them at all times.
 These kids practiced their bravery skills and tackled a few hills here and there.

 Lily mostly ate dirt.  You can only imagine how dirty her fat pants were by the time we got home.
 I took these two to the top of the highest hill.  they were so proud and the view from the top was amazing.  I'm so glad they love to climb mountains as much as I do!

 We also were able to climb the mountain by my mom's house.  We weren't sure the girls were going to make it but make it they did!  I only had to carry Audrey for a little bit.  I was actually really impressed, it's a long hike!
 You can see Nana's house from the top!
 The day before we left we made a family reunion trip to Lagoon.  When I was little my mom and her sisters would all gather here once a year.  I would be so excited I wouldn't be able to sleep the night before.  My cousins and I would run from ride to ride not stopping from the second we got there to the second it closed.  It was fun to relive those memories with my own kids.  They absolutely loved it and were so brave.  I must say though, my stomach is not cut out for running on ride after ride.  I am getting old!
 Julia was so crazy brave.  She went on almost everything and Colossus ended up being her very favorite.  She was really nervous to try it but did it anyways.  I was pretty proud of her.
 The lines were crazy short which I think made it all the more fun.  I thought this picture of Julia waiting for the Tidal Wave was funny.  She was the only one in line.  I think only two other people ended up going on with her.  This was one of my sick rides.  She had to do this one alone.
 Lily was such a good girl the entire time.  I thought she would be harder but she was a gem, though she did sneak sips of everyone's pop when they weren't looking.
 I LOVE this picture.  Not only because Carli has the look of our old school mascot the "Red Devil" but because my mom actually talked my aunts to go on the white roller coaster.  I don't remember them doing anything greater than the little train that takes you to see the unfortunate zoo animals.  I couldn't believe that they actually did it!  It was truly a moment to remember.  I also love it because Dylan totally overcame his fears and went on all the scary rides.  It was such a great day!
 I did take Lily on a few rides and she hated them all.  There was one where they unexpectedly squirted us with water.  She REALLY hated that one.  I just laughed uncontrollably the entire time because it just kept squirting us and there was nothing I could do about it.  I think she really was wondering what on earth was happening to her.
 Thankfully she took a great nap in the stroller.
 One of the favorites of the day was rattlesnake rapids.  Always hilarious.
 Lily actually didn't mind this ride as much.  She only yelled out in terror a couple of times.
It was a perfect way to end such a fun trip.

0 comments: