Sunday, July 21, 2013

What We've Done This Summer

There were a couple of weeks after our trip to Wyoming/Utah that the weather was really cool and rainy and our lawn was crazy green.  But ever since then we have had 95 degrees or higher every day.  There was even a day in there that was 109.  Needless to say our summer has revolved around water.
 We've done the sprinklers a lot.
 Lily is a little unsure of the freezing sprinklers but she loves it when we fill up the pool.
 These two on the other hand love it all.  When it's that hot outside the freezing cold water only feels good.
 We also set the pool up at the bottom of the slide.  This was a huge hit!  It actually was really fun.  Bryan and I joined in a few times.  You go flying.  I mean almost out of the pool on the other side flying.  It is quite the rush.
 Of course we have proof that Bryan participated.  It took Julia a while to brave up and go face first.  That Bryan is so brave.
 Me and my Julia.  There was one day that I was fully clothed and ended up in the sprinklers with them.  It was just too hot!  I've gotten smarter and just put on my suit.
 Me and that sweet Lily.  She is so funny these days.  We all just adore her.
 The slip and slide also makes a frequent appearance.  And so do red tongues apparently.
 After one of the really hot days we had this crazy wind/lightning storm.  Our power was out for some of the night and we could see the glow of a brush fire that didn't seem too far away.  It was kind of scary!  but even worse, my friend sent me this text the next day of her playground that had blown away.  I felt so bad for her!  We know how hard that dang thing was to put together!  We had mulch all through our yard but otherwise escaped without any damage.
 We go to our friend's parent's pool a couple of times a week, or more.  They are so generous to let us come and we love it so much.  The girls get to swim with friends and I get to chat with my friends.  Audrey has turned into such a great swimmer.  I have been so proud of her.  She is swimming through the water and is starting to float on her back.
 Lily is getting better in the water as well, but her favorite thing is to sit on the sidelines and eat as many snacks as she can find.
 Julia loves these girls.  They have so much fun together.
 We also hit the beach.  We were supposed to go boating this day but it was having issues so we decided to make it a beach day.  It actually ended up being so much fun and the kids could have played for hours longer.  It really is amazing how much kids enjoy some sand and water.

 Lily probably ate more sand than she played with but she enjoyed herself nonetheless.  she adores this little Bunny friend of hers.
 Audrey went to a dance camp for a few days and absolutely loved it.  She was furious when the four days were over and she didn't get to go again.
 Having this back yard has been such a blessing to us.  Bryan loves working out in it and we love playing in it.  We are outside all the time, even when it's hot hot hot.
 The girls especially love being out there when we are having a yummy treat.
 We spin...
 Practice our splits...
 and practice splits while playing baseball.  Oh I'm going to be so sad when summer is over.  I love having my girls home with me all day.  I can't believe how fast it is already going.

0 comments: