Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Let's Go!

So we made another trip back to Utah/Wyoming.  This time Julia was signed up for a cheerleading camp with her cousin Brooke.  Thankfully this lovely lady was still visiting Utah on our way through and we were able to arrange a meet up.  I sure miss Heather and am so glad she took time to visit with me.  It was so nice to just pick right up where we left off and to see her sweet Alysa.  I just wish we would have had more time!  Audrey looked at this picture and said, "Heather looks better than you in this picture mom."  Well, I HAD been driving five hours straight but thanks anyways Audrey.
 Julia stayed with her Grandma who took her and picked her up each day for camp.  It was so great for her to have that quality time with her grandma.  She spoiled her so much.  They saw a movie, got pedicures, went school shopping and read/made all kinds of books.  The low point was when Julia got a stomach ache and threw up one night.  I felt horrible, but I was so glad her grandma took such great care of her and she made such wonderful memories.  The camp was wonderful as well.  She particularly loved the stunting.
 Poor Audrey felt a little lost and left out with Julia gone so we had to make the most of it for her.  She got a sea horse painted on her face at the local fair.  We also got a hot dog that she didn't eat.
 She went on a walk, one which I was not invited, with her Nana.  They found treasures and looked for animals.  Audrey thought it was the greatest thing ever.  Nana even let her paint the rocks that they found.
 We also took a trip to Park City where my mom and I shopped while Papa took Audrey on a date to the movie.  He kept calling her "date girl" and she insisted he continue doing that for the duration of our trip.
 Lily was so horrible in the restaurant.  Oh well.  The delicious slippery shrimp and pad thai helped me not hear her screaming.
 Fortune cookies were a definitely highlight.
 We even made a trip down to the river with cousins when the camp was over.  They love playing there and even though there was some serious thunder/lighting at one point, it didn't spoil our fun.
 They built all kinds of things in the sand.
 They caught all kinds of creatures as well.  This was a giant crawdad.  Dylan also caught a small brown trout and some little minnows.
 Pretty soon they all got in the action of creating a giant swimming pool for all of the creatures.

 We then played a rousing game of "drip, drip, drench" with a sponge.  I couldn't believe how many giggles this game produced.  They played it for way longer than I ever thought they would.
 That night Bryan's family came up to Wyoming to see Jason's boys participate in the local fair.  We decided to invite them to my mom's for a BBQ down at the pit.  It was such a fun night, despite some threatening rain.  I love being down there.  The sky and smell of fresh rain made it even better.  Something about the smell of campfire, hot dogs and s'mores that feels like home.
 Bryan was on call the night before and got like three hours of sleep and still drove all the way.  I was so worried about him!  Luckily loud music and the windows being rolled down pulled him through.  I was so glad to have him there.
 Why is this child always filthy!?
 These are Lily's twin cousins.  They are a month older than she is.  I'm sure many fun play times are in the future for them.  Do you see their perfectly clean faces and matching outfits?  Do you see my orphan child covered in dirt from head to toe?
 The next day we went to the fair with Bryan's family for the kids' activities and to see the pigs.
 Blake said the judges told him his pig was the most muscular.  These pigs were enormous!  I think it's fantastic Blake and Tanner worked so hard to show these pigs and then sell them.
 Tanner had two pigs.
 We let the girls go on some of the rides and get free cotton candy.  They were in heaven.
 We then went to a park and had lunch.  James and Natalie were even here from Arizona!  We hadn't seen them for over a year.  It was so great to spend time with everyone and to snap a picture of every single grandchild.  The true miracle is we even got grandma to look at the camera!  It was such a great weekend and we were so glad to have everyone together.
 After grandma and cousins left we went and watched the pigs get auctioned.

3 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

It was soo fun to see you guys!! It sounds like your whole trip was a good one!

Unknown said...

Oh Annie, you always make me laugh like few can do. A hot dog that she didn't eat...

Meg said...

That Audrey...tell her that "she" misses her and her awesome observations. She kills me!