One of my very favorite things about this house is the sun setting in my backyard every night. I took this picture after my long drive home. It was a welcome sight for my very tired body. Thankfully the girls are becoming such great travelers and driving isn't so hard for us.
Our lawn went through a bit of a rough patch after our trip and Bryan works tirelessly pulling weeds and doing all else that maintaining a lawn entails. I have been absolutely amazed at how it has turned around and how much his hard work has payed off. The way Bryan unwinds every day after work is to spend thirty minutes giving his lawn a little tlc. It's been very rewarding to see the fruits of his labors. The lawn looks amazing right now. I assure you no weed goes unpulled.Popsicles have been a favorite of the girls lately.
Julia loves to grab a book and read while we sit outside in the evenings. Nothing is better than a good book, but a good book outside while eating a popsicle. Well that's definitely the best.
Audrey usually gets stuck entertaining the Lily. She is such a good big sister to her. Lily seldom goes anywhere without yelling, "Augeeeee c'mooooon"
After Bryan finished work early one day we slipped over to the downtown here where they have a little river and a deli where we like to eat lunch. While I was sitting there I was looking across the way and discovered a little splash pad I did not know existed! Boy oh boy were the girls in heaven.
Since we were unprepared they had to go ahead and play in their clothes. Poor Audrey couldn't keep these pants up after they go so wet.
This is Julia's very favorite dress. She would wear it every single day.
Oh the joys of summer. It's ending so quickly.




3 comments:
Looks like you've had a great summer. I miss your cute girls. it's nice to read about what you've been doing. I've been terrible at blogging, but don't give up on me. As soon as I feel like I have control of my life again I will do it.
We only had that tiny bit of lawn in Vegas, but it was a lot of work! Seriously, I know just what you mean about having to give it lots of personal TLC...well, our husbands, not us. So good to talk to you yesterday.
Such a beautiful view!! I am so glad to see Bryan out pulling weeds in the lawn because sometimes I have thought Ryan was crazy for pulling every stinking weed in the lawn :). Love your cute family!
Post a Comment