Wednesday, May 27, 2015

First Week Home

I really do love those first moments at home with a fresh new baby.  It's crazy and unbelievably exhausting but these fresh from heaven babies bring a special feeling into the home.  Unfortunately Bryan got food poisoning during all of this and was pretty much laid out for a few days.  I was so glad to have my mom there to help.  The most overwhelming part of having Grace was getting the other girls to school and doing homework on top of trying to keep a baby alive and recover from giving birth.  When you have other kids at home there is no "recovery."  I felt like the hardest part of it all was the after birth contractions.  Those were pretty painful.  Otherwise I tried really hard to let myself enjoy each moment and to get as much rest as I could.  That's when having help was invaluable.
 We gave her a bath and she did not think that was very fun.  Lots of wailing.


 Seriously it was so nice of my mom to stay with me for a few days.  The girls all had their little adjustments to our new life changing event and my mom handled them all beautifully.  She took and picked up the girls from school and fixed dinner.  Bryan didn't get to take much of a break and the break he had he spent sick so having her around was something I was very grateful for.
 Lily of course wasn't going to be left out.  Lily absolutely loves the baby.  Her big adjustment was her hair.  That makes no sense whatsoever but after I had Grace, Lily was very concerned about how I fixed her hair.  She would only allow me to do a braid in the back and I would have to take a picture to give her photographic evidence that her hair was fixed the way she wanted.  She also was really worried about her clothes and if they were cute enough.  It was rough getting anywhere for a few weeks.  She has since improved and I have a list of about five hairstyles I am allowed to do.
 Overall the sisters have done really well adjusting to Grace.  They love her very much and wish I would let them hold her more than I do.
 Isn't she the sweetest?

 I love this picture because she is all curled up just like she was when she was inside me.  I feel like they only do that for about a week and then their little limbs start stretching out more.

1 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

I love the scrunched up stage!! She is so sweet!!