Sunday, April 24, 2016

January

January it was back to business as usual.  It's always hard to go back to school and work when you've had such a great holiday break.  Good thing I've got cute girls to hang out with all the time.
 Grace is obsessed with the kitty.  She gets so excited when Laroo comes by the door and yells, "kitty! Kitty!"  She meows and everything.  It's too cute.
 The big big highlight of January was our family vacation to Long Beach.  We decided January is the time to get out of the freezing cold and we weren't wrong.  We found the most amazing vacation rental and it was just what we needed.  The rental was right by the main street in Long Beach and it was fun to be so close to so many restaurants but far away enough to have some privacy.
 We spent out first day at the aquarium.  I found super cheap tickets and it ended up being so much fun.

 The girls absolutely loved all of the exhibits and seeing all the fish.  We went right when it opened and were so glad that we did because a billion kids on a field trip showed up as we were getting ready to leave.

 I think the seals were our favorite.  They put on quite a show.

 They loved all the touch pools as well.

 We went and ate at Bubba Gumps afterwards and walked around the shopping area by the aquarium.
 After the aquarium we headed to a local park and the girls climbed trees and just enjoyed being outside.  We needed to have something other than sow.

 The next day we headed to the beach in Laguna, more specifically Crescent Beach.  I just had the girls wear dresses because it wasn't super warm and I didn't think they would do much more than wade in the water.  Well I was dead wrong.  Every single one was soaking wet by the time we were done and Lily went as far as to fall down while in the waves and they rolled her about until Bryan could get to her.  Thankfully some nice guy brought her a towel and she avoided the surf for a bit and enjoyed playing in the sand.
 It was absolutely beautiful there.  The ocean is my happy place.
 This was the point they started getting pretty wet.

 Grace was fascinated by the sand and had to taste test it multiple times.




 The next day I wised up and let the girls bring swimming suits.  They couldn't play in the water long because it was so cold but they played as much as their little frozen bodies could take.
 I have videos and no pictures but Bryan even took the boogie board out on the waves.  He was super cold but said the waves were totally worth it.
It was such a great trip.  We had tons of delicious food as well.  It's always so nice to break away from everything for a bit and just be together.
 This is what we returned to.  Snow snow snow.
 It has been such a crazy snowy winter.  I can't even count how many times I had to shovel.

 I had to take this picture because Audrey pulled the string out of her ballet shoes.  I had to literally spend a full hour trying to thread it back in.  It took probably five or six tries.  My fingers were bruised.  I was so proud of myself when I finally had success.
 This baby keeps growing and growing.  She can say ball, daddy, light, kitty and Lily.  She loves barking like a dog and meowing like a kitty.  She can find her belly and pretty hair and loves dancing with her sisters.  She is so sweet and we just lover her to pieces.
 I put Lily's hair in a "bow" and of course I had to take a picture!

0 comments: