My friend Ariel tagged me (at least I think she tagged me, maybe she knows lots of Annie's. ) Anyways I've been a slacker. I am stuck home with all my visitors gone, Bryan is on a Medical Training trip in Florida and I am stuck home with a bad cold with two girls that also have a bad cold. So I have lots of time to finally complete my tag.
1. I have a freakish ability when it comes to pop culture. I can name almost any actor or actress in any show or movie. I have often wished that this ability would transfer to scientific facts or statistics but to no avail. My favorite game to play with Bryan is when we are watching some show and I'll say, "I'll give you 1000 dollars if you can tell me the name of that actress." He usually answers, "I have no idea." Needless to say this is not his favorite game. You can only imagine the amount of useless information rolling around in my head.
2. I write like a lefty with my right hand. I curl my hand around and hold the pen up against my knuckle. I had a few teachers comment on it, but overall I don't think it holds me back too much.
3. When I am sitting and thinking I often "type" out my thoughts. I just tap my fingers on my imaginary keyboard. I am probably often sitting alone just tapping my fingers. I will also think of piano tunes and play them on my imaginary piano. Don't worry, Bryan already assured me that this is weird.
4. I can pick up anything with my toes and I can pinch with my toes as well. They are freakishly long. When I was pregnant it got so bad that when I asked Julia to pick something up she would just put her foot on it. My siblings can account for the nasty pain of one of my toe pinches.
5. I am an extreme night person. I am not happy in the mornings. When I was in college I would study for finals until 2 AM, just because I think I do my best thinking at night. This is when you will catch me cleaning. I swear nine o'clock hits and I come alive. The problem with this is that it takes me at least 30 minutes to wind down enough to fall asleep at night. My mind is going a mile a minute. The second Bryan's head hits the pillow he falls asleep. I don't know how he does it!
6. I have a really difficult time with directions. North, East, South and West mean almost nothing to me. If someone told me to go west of some street I would have no idea what they are talking about. I also have a very hard time finding homes even if I've been there several times. They all just look the same to me. I am always looking up street numbers. Map quest is one of my very best friends. When Bryan and I are rich (what ten years from now) I think a GPS would be a good investment for me. I remember getting SO lost with Kristie Gailey coming home from the zoo once. I made her go into a pizza restaurant to ask for directions. This is but one example of many "lost" moments for me.
Covey Seely
6 years ago




9 comments:
I totally shut down at 9. I always have. So you would think I am a morning person but no I hate the mornings as well. Actually, if it's after 7 I can handle it. Unfortunately Natalie does not know this.
I didn't know Bryan was in Florida, I feel like a bad sister. My bad. I hope it isn't a long trip for your sake, no fun having the husband gone! I loved hearing the quirks, some I knew, some were new. I got tagged with this one and I was going to tag you, but looks like I got beat to the punch.
I love your quirk about your freakishly long toes. I remember watching you use your toes to pick things up off the ground. I too remember being pinched with your finger toes. Not a pleasant experience if I do say so myself. Sorry you and your kids are sick. We have all been sick at our house too and it has not been fun at all. Looks like you had the best time with your parents. I'm glad they came out, they are wonderful people. I miss seeing them and you guys. It will be nice someday when we can all get together more often.
i also am a night owl. i always have been, the morning is not my friend. and i too have long very useful toes. love it :)
Funny. Gotta love the finger toes. That what Mike calls mine. He thinks it's gross when I pick things up with them, but I think he's just jealous.
I have finger toes too! Mike would time me with how fast I could pick up things. HOw funny. I thought I was the only one who typed things. THat is so funny. It is mostly only when I am anxious. How funny.
Whoah...I'm totally with ya on 3, 4 AND 5. For real. But mostly I commented to say I love your new family pictures. But mostly on top of that I love the outfits I'm sure you picked out for everyone in that top picture. All the way down to the shoes. Do you have a secret life as a stylist we're not aware of?
my sister in law types out her thoughts as well.... and her husband plays tunes on his imaginary keyboard! haha.... looks like you got both quirks! this was fun to read. I feel like I know you a little better:)
That's OK Annie, I had fun on our lost adventure. Hey I was just as lost as you were. I am a total night owl too, I get the most done at night after everyone is asleep. I think we have a lot on common except I can barely type while looking at the key board let alone imagining it. Dave has his mom's "crazy Raptor toe's." (as in the dinosaur) He can pinch very hard and I think Zachy has inherited the gene.
Post a Comment