Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving in Cincy

This year we got to go to Cincinnati to see our very very good friends the Gaileys for Thanksgiving. It was so great to get away and to see our good friends again. Their house is so nice and the company was even better. The food was yummy and it was just such a great and relaxing Thanksgiving. Thanks Gaileys for such a great time!

I had to document my very first fruit pie that I have ever made. I think it turned out pretty good.
Here we are stuffing our faces with as much food as we could. Kristi made the most delicious and moist turkey and it was her first time cooking one. I must say I was very impressed.
There is a beautiful park right near the Gailey's house and we went on a walk. Here is Julia and Zach. They are such good little buddies.

Kristi and little Connor. I can't believe how much he has grown up since that last time we saw him. He's walking and talking. Such a cute little guy.
The "hurricaine" hit in Cincinnati as well and lots of trees were uprooted.
No one will be surprised that Bryan had to find a tree to climb. He did make it almost all the way to the top. Julia had to get up there with him (who do you think she takes after?)
Here we are about ten pounds heavier after our wonderful turkey dinner.
The walk lead to an outlook of the Ohio River. It was spectacular. The river is so huge and these large cargo boats go floating by. We enjoyed getting outside for a little bit and enjoying the sun we don't always get to see here in Ohio winters.
Thank you Dave and Kristi for such a wonderful time! We are so glad that you didn't move too far away so that we can still get together. You guys are the best.

6 comments:

kiki comin said...

what a fun thanksgiving! and the cutest pics of you guys, as always.

Phillips Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great thanksgiving...too bad you couldn't be with us in wyoming.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Your pie looks like it was yummy--good for you for making it, I'm impressed! So fun to have the Gailey's still close enough to hang out and have another fun city to explore a little.

David and Kristi Gailey said...

I'm sooo glad you guys came, we had a great time. Yes, your pie was wonderful along with everything else you brought. Sorry I didn't get the pictures to you in time for your post. You might want to add them because there are some very cute ones of the kids.

Lyndee said...

I need to get you address. I am sending xmas cards out. Email me
lyndeekennett@yahoo.com

NAT said...

Hi, Annie! It's Nat Smith. I found your blog through Sara's & just wanted to say hello. You have a beautiful family and I hope you're doing well.