Sunday, December 7, 2008

You Better Watch Out!

Christmas time is quickly approaching and I feel that I have neglected to post many of the happenings at our house during this exciting season. Julia is so excited for Christmas she can hardly breathe. She asks me daily if this is the day Santa is coming. It consumes all of her thoughts. Audrey was screaming yesterday and Julia went up to her and said, "Audrey, the elves are watching you." This has worked as a great tactic on Julia and was quite effective in getting her to take her nap today (I may have even evily threatened a phone call to the North Pole). Bryan gave her a toy catalog and told her to circle all of the items she wished Santa to bring her. Each page was littered with SEVERAL circles and some were double circled because those were the ones she REALLY wanted. We have decorated our house and we have glittered ornaments that have glittered the carpet as well because Julia is under the tree with the Nativity Scene playing all day. I think we hit a low point when the ponies were wondering If the baby Jesus wanted to come to Pinkie Pie's Birthday. It has really made this year so fun. It has been delightful to talk about Santa and his reindeer but even more special to talk about the birth of the Savior and what it means. I have indulged her in playing with the nativity scene to her heart's content if just to give her little three year old heart a glimpse of what the Christmas season is all about. Though when I mention that she needs to get Audrey a present because Christmas is about giving, we quickly revert to what she needs Santa to bring her for Christmas. Oh, well. At least we are trying.

So after that long bit. We attended our ward Christmas party yesterday which was such a fun evening of music and food and best of all (for a very excited Julia) a visit from Santa.
I must thank my mom for getting the girls their adorable matching dresses. They looked like two little Christmas princesses. Julia was particularly pleased with the color choice. Cute little Audrey. She actually started clapping this week. And she's figured out that if she yells enough and holds her arms up her mommy will ALWAYS pick her up. Bryan thinks that I'm spoiling her. That's probably true, but look at that face! I cannot resist her.
Cute Julia making a weird face. I must take another picture of her in this dress on a later date with a cute smile, not a "I think I'm gonna be sick" smile.

And the moment we have all been waiting for...

SANTA! When the big moment arrived all of the little kids gathered right around Santa without forming any type of line. Julia was absolutely and completely tortured when Santa put a child other than her on his lap. Every time he picked one of the eager children out of the massive crowd she would cry out and look at me with panic in her eyes. She was sure that he was going to forget her. She was so close and yet so far away. But lo and behold her turn finally came and she didn't even choke. She proudly told him that she wanted a the "big big big present." Those were her exact words.

Upon arriving home Julia informed me that when Santa comes to our house and leaves her this big big present, she is going to leave him cookies and leave carrots for the reindeer. Then she is going to take a ride on a great big reindeer and Audrey can ride a little tiny reindeer. They are going to ride high in the sky with Santa and Jesus (Can you picture this in your head?) Hmmmm.... I suppose we get a little confused with heaven and reindeer and such. But her excitement truly is contagious and she makes me want to enjoy every minute of this Christmas season.

14 comments:

Dehner Family said...

The girls little dresses are so cute. I love that Julia is so into Christmas. It makes it easy to get into the Christmas spirit when they are so excited. She looks so big on Santa's lap.

Unknown said...

I loved that post! The dresses are SOOO cute. I was sad Natalie couldn't wear her cute dress that night. Nate said you did SO great on your very difficult pianoness.

Ryan & Amanda said...

I love it. Julia's excitement makes me more excited just hearing it. I have some great images in my mind from everything she described, including the panic that perhaps Santa will forget you! :) I want to see Audrey clapping. I love it when Alli does it, and I am sure I am spoiling Alli by picking her up when she reaches so I guess she and Audrey will be spoiled together!

Lucy said...

I loved reading this post!! I can't wait till our little MJ is older, although I love the stage she is in!! Once again, your girls looks adorable!!

Brookel said...

that last part about santa and jesus is hilarious. i can't wait to hear the silly things eden will say.

Phillips Family said...

Christmas is a great time of year for kids. I am sure Julia is pumped.

Melinda said...

That's hilarious. What an active imagination she has. I want to ride on a reindeer with Santa and Jesus too! :) Emerson has figured out the reaching and squawking thing as well. And yes, Ben says that I'm spoiling him too! I love Julia's "I'm going to be sick" face!

Sara said...

Julia is absolutely adorable! How fun this Christmas will be with her this year!

Ally said...

Ha ha ha! Still laughing.:) Primary went...well:) Noelle wasn't there and it all of the sudden hit me that we were singing this Sunday. PLEASE come join me for the Shepherd's Carol:) We're doing 1) Away in a Manger 2) Shepherd's Carol and 3) Christmas Bells. We'll wing it beautifully;). I can't believe I just wrote all of this on your blog...I guess I could have called you.:) Anyway, hope you're having a great night and I'll talk to you soon!

Jody said...

Hey I posted a comment earlier today and it did not work.. I even tried it a couple of times...And then just realized it never worked.. The girls are just to cute. I want to kiss their faces off.. I am sending you a plane ticket and you fly out in the morning I hope that you can make it.. Bryan can come if he wants too.. I miss you guys tons... Can't you just come for Christmas.. Love ya.. Oh, I cannot reveal those pictures just yet.. Sorry.. The ones you asked about..Secret..

Monica said...

Such CUTE pictures! I love the dresses.

Sarah Walton said...

Your girls looked so cute in their dresses at the party! Isn't Christmas just so fun with little kids? I love it:)

natalie palmer said...

looks like you guys are really enjoying life! we have you for christmas by the way. any ideas on what you need or want??

Melanie said...

Pinkie ponies and Jesus! That's awesome! Hannah loves the nativity and it has been a lot of fun! She loved Santa at our Christmas party too. Those two are seriously so alike! By the way thanks for being the first person to comment on my new blog! The Lady's who's pictures you left that comment on was so excited. She called and told me that she even got a comment on her pictures. It was pretty funny, but I do appreciate it!