Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The World Seems a Little Bit Clearer

We had an eventful weekend. First of all my mom went home and we were very sad to see her go. We had such a great time and loved having her around. I am so lucky to have such a great relationship with my mom and we always have such a great time together. The same day my mom left, Kristi Gailey came to visit! We had such a great time and spent the vast majority of the night just hanging out and talking. Julia and Zach also had a great time and they are such great little friends. I am sad that this is the only picture that we got of the night, but we had such a great visit and are excited to see them again soon!On to other news. We got a new camera as an early Christmas present. Our old camera is a few years old and falling apart (from EXTREME use). We must say thank you to Bryan's dad for giving it to us. It was used more than any camera should have a right to be used. Bryan was actually a little sad today when I was putting it away. We really have recorded so many wonderful memories with the old boy. But now technology is getting better and our picture is getting a little bit clearer.

This is a picture of our new camera taken with our old camera...

And this is a picture of our old camera taken with the new camera. Can you see the difference? Some day I may want to get a big fancy camera but right now I just want a nice point and shoot that can record our day to day activities. I did some research and this camera topped most of the lists and was actually cheaper than I was anticipating spending. I love it already and I am excited to use it more.
We tested it out on a couple of beautiful models...
The new camera even lets me add text to the picture.

You heard it right. Audrey is six months old now and I can't believe half a year has already come and gone. As you can see by the orange mouth, Audrey has started eating sweet potatoes. She is sitting up on her own and rolling over from her back to her belly and her belly to her back. It must be some neat trick because she does it over and over like she will never tire of it. She loves to laugh at Julia and is very happy. She only likes toys that she isn't supposed to have. Those lame links have nothing against the cord to the baby monitor. She still loves the exersaucer and has figured out how to hit the buttons and make the music play. She sleeps okay at night. I get enough sleep to feel pretty good during the day. She loves to stare at people and will stare at them until they acknowledge her. We love our little Audrey girl so much and have just loved watching her grow. She is truly a delight to our whole family.

10 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

A nice point and shoot camera is great. That is all we have, and frankly all I want because I probably couldn't use anything more complicated! I love that you can add text to the pictures, pretty cool.

kiki comin said...

nice new camera! you were so lucky to have so many visitors too! glad you had a good time.

Lucy said...

What a cute fun family you have! It is great to get in touch! Your kids are adorable!! Hey do you know if Jennio has a blog?

Phillips Family said...

New cameras are great...and so are your kids.

emilyy said...

I need a new camera so badly!!!!! Wow Audrey is already 6 mo. We should get the kids together some day to help survive this awful winter weather.

Brandon and Becky Patrick said...

Annie.. So I have to say my life has been really busy lately so I haven't been able to stalk your blog like I usually do. You have had a lot of posts since i looked last! I love the pictures of you little girls. They are the cutest things. So much personality, i love it! :) I love the Halloween pics as well.. so fun. You are so great and are such a good mom!!

David and Kristi Gailey said...

We had sooo much fun! Thanks again for letting us stay at your place. It made me miss my old Condo. We always have fun with you and are looking forward to seeing you again. I am jelouse of your camera.

Kandice said...

Annie,

I have been looking for a good point and shoot for my Christmas gift. I was thinking I could find one on sale the day after Thanksgiving. I will have to chat with you about your new one.

Allyson said...

I found you! Last Sunday was so amazing as I watched what you did with those kids. It had been an awful week and that 2 hours turned it right around! Amazing woman you are. The whole day I just kept thinking about that poem "Touch of the Master's Hand" You know when no one wants to buy the violin and then someone plays it and it sells for thousands? Well that's what you made the new calling for me. Love your pictures! Beautiful family!
Sorry for the epic comment.:)

The Van Leuvens said...

Annie,

This is your cousin Jerry Van Leuven (Houston, TX). I just discovered your blog and think you've got a couple of sweet little girls. Where in Ohio do you live? We lived in Inidianapolis and in Bloomington IN for 4 years. My work took me to Columbus, Cincinnati, Dayton, etc. Ohio is a beautiful state. We really miss the Midwest. I wanted to list your blog on my new Family Connections blog...but I'm embarrassed to say I don't know your last name. Can you help me? Looks like you and Bryan are doing great with family, career, church, etc. Do you have any idea where you will end up after he finishes up his residency there? I'm sure your mom and dad would love having you back in Wyoming!

It's nice to see you guys are doing well. Take care...visit my blog familyc0nnecti0ns.blogspot.com.

Take care...Jerry