Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines

For Valentines this year Bryan and I finally went on a date by ourselves without any children. That alone is blog worthy and has been nine months of a long wait. We actually not only went out to dinner but also went to the temple. It was wonderful.


We also celebrated Valentines with a couple of cuties. Audrey is getting ready to crawl. She's still army scooting but I think that is coming to an end soon. I kind of wish I could make Julia go away in this picture but she always seems to be lingering. I think she is smelling Audrey's feet.
But look what my great friend Allie just did for me...
Oh to be a computer genius. I have no idea how she did this. So cool.

Julia is also into making the funny faces. I don't know what happened to the smile. Either it's smelly feet face or hands in the mouth face.

We got the girls some little things for Valentines. I got Julia some chocolate and Bryan got her this little kit with lotion and lip gloss. He did not check this purchase with me before he bought it. Julia's face is now always covered with bubblegum pink lip gloss. I don't think she realizes the lip gloss is limited to the lips. She feels it is also appropriate for cheeks and eyes. The kit also included some really smelly (not in a good way) lotion. Tonight after we got glitter gel and pink lip gloss in the carpet Bryan put the kit high up in the closet only to be used under parental supervision. Maybe she'll forget it exists.
I do want to tell my little family how much I love them. I have such a hard working and thoughtful husband and the sweetest little girls which made for one sweet Valentines.

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

I love Audrey's flower! Who knows maybe in a few years you can laugh about Julia smelling Audrey's feet or constantly hovering-maybe it will be the story of her life. I also love that lip gloss is the only makeup a girl needs. I am excited to see you guys!

Unknown said...

The headbands are back! I love Audrey's face in the last one.

Dehner Family said...

How fun to go out alone. We tried to hide Morgan's make-up kit with the hope that she'd forget about it, but oh no, they don't forget something like that. I hope she doesn't pester you to play with the chap stick all day like mine does :)

Jody said...

Bryan introduced something that will never be forgotten!! Girls Love the Chapstick!! And who said it only belongs on the lips?? Soon she can be with Brooke and she will teach her all about the makeup and that if you hide it it must be found..!! The picture of Audrey is adorable.. Hope Bryan will be able to survive without you.. Glad you went on a date finally.. How fun..

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

So glad that you two went out on a date--good for you!! I know what you mean about all the silly faces in pictures. I think Alyssa is sick of me taking photos and that is her way of rebellion. Love that darling Audrey--too cute as always. Also I got a kick out of daddy's Valentine's gift to Julia--I bet she was in heaven though!

Melinda said...

Your girls are so so cute. That's nice that they play together. Emerson wishes he had someone to play with besides crazy mom. I like Audrey's hair a lot. And I'm so glad you got to go on a childless date!

Monica said...

I too am so glad that you got to go on a childless date! Good for you guys. Next month we will watch your girls so you can go again! Cute pictures.. love the headband too. Hope you are having a good trip. :)

emilyy said...

love the black and white of audry. So cute. Have fun on your trip.

kiki comin said...

i love her headband..so sweet. and yay for dates!

Rachel said...

Oh, the make-up introduction! My girls were also introduced without my permission, just not by dad. I also tried the hiding it on a high closet shelf in the high hopes that it would be forgotten, but alas, it is not. Just about every Sunday morning both girls ask if they can put make-up on. I just laugh.