My mom came and made a visit with us this past week. Much to our sadness, she left yesterday on the airplane. When I got Julia up this morning the first thing she said was, "I am going to go wake Nana up." We really did have the best visit. My mom is the best and we have so much fun together. Her week here was definitely packed with fun. We ate out at the best restaurants and found so many fun things to do. Luckily my mom was also cool with hanging around the house and chatting while the girls were sleeping, going on 10:00PM speed walks with me, walking in the pouring rain but enjoying a beautiful rainbow, watching cheesy family channel movies and doing the speed watch of American Idol and Dancing With the Stars. The only thing that would have made the week more perfect is if Bryan would have been around a little more to enjoy it with us. We seriously did so much that it's going to take me a few posts to get it all in.
The weather last weekend was amazing and we took full advantage. We went to the park and snapped some fun pictures of the girls.
We also went to Slate Run Historical Farm. This is one of the coolest places I have been to here in Ohio and I can't believe I waited five years to finally visit. The drive out there was beautiful and it was so fascinating to see all of the ways an old time farm was run. They allowed the kids to feel free to explore and pet the animals. They had all kinds of old time games and farm equipment. We spent a great deal of time exploring.
This is the walk leading up to the farm.These girls love their Nana so much. She is very good at spoiling them.
They would let you climb the farm equipment, grind corn into corn meal, had real canned veggies in the fruit cellar and a real ham hanging in the smoke house. It was great.
This was Julia's FAVORITE horse. She named him Snowflake (sound familiar?) and was very disappointed that Snowflake didn't get to see her princess cowgirl hat. She loved this horse and as we were walking to leave had to run up to see Snowflake one more time.
Julia thought these pigs were hilarious. She loved watching them eat and would just giggle hysterically. I think it must have been the overwhelming stink going to her head.
And old time swing. They also had stilts ( I was very uncoordinated at these) and many other old fashioned children's games.After the farms we were starving and didn't bring a lunch with us so we stopped at this little diner right next to the farm called Marcy's Diner. It was the coolest place! It was like stepping back in time. The waitress even sat with us for awhile and showed us very old pictures of the building and talked about her childhood. We had delicious food there as well. We couldn't have asked for a better day.
Covey Seely
6 years ago




10 comments:
I think having Dad there would have made it almost as good as Bryan...perhaps even other family members would have made it just as fun as just Bryan...maybe some brothers...
That looks so fun!
So glad you had such a fun week!! Love all your photos of your girls with their cute grandma. Something about hanging out and talking with moms--always great!
Oh it does look like so much fun! I Love going to places like that!
The girls are getting so big!! They look beautiful as always! Hankie wants to know why Julia and Audrey didn't come home with Grandma... He was super sad and so am I!! Glad you had a great time!! SuPeR fUn to make good memories!! Adam's comment is funny!!
I love looking at your blog! The girls have grown so much and I was just out there (it seems).
It looks like you had tons of fun!!
I spoke with the piglets yesterday and they remembered you. So sorry your mom is already gone!!!
How fun! It's always hard to see grandmas leave. I'm glad you had such a nice visit with her. Moms are the best.
We went to Slate Run yesterday and had a blast! what a cool place. Glad you had such a great time with your mom!
Spoiling is a Nana's most important job. Glad the weather was good for you guys!
Post a Comment