Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter

Easter was such a wonderful time at our house. We had the regular festivities going on such as Easter dresses. The biggest trouble with cute Easter dresses is getting a decent picture with both of the girls together. This was the best I could do.
Audrey has gotten particularly tricky to photograph with her new-found mobility. In fact I finally had to give up in frustration.

Julia has been giving me much better smiles. They both looked so cute at church.Easter morning was filled with great anticipation and excitement. The Easter Bunny hid all of the eggs and Julia could see them at the top of the stairs. She was giddy with excitement. But when she saw what was in her basket...
she gave up on the eggs. Princesses were calling her name. She also told me that her and Audrey would share the princess ball (that was in Audrey's basket). Now to back track a day- we colored Easter eggs. Here I am with my cute girls getting ready to create some colorful eggs.

Julia is prepped to make those princess eggs beautiful.
She even lined up the princess egg holders.
The final product was wonderful. I think we actually ate them all within five days. I LOVE deviled eggs and hard boiled eggs. Is that weird?


Audrey gave the hard boiled egg a good examination.And decided it was acceptable.

We were also able to go to a few Easter Egg hunts. Julia had four hunts in three days. I only got pictures of one which frustrates me. We had so much fun at all of them. We also were able to have our last Medical friends Easter celebration at the Yeates house which was bittersweet. We are going to be the last ones to remain here in Ohio.

This is Julia at Kiki's Easter Egg hunt. We are going to miss them so much. Julia had such a great time and we had great dessert to go with it.
Ready to roll.

Also I had to post this picture because a couple of weeks ago a friend had an "adult" Easter Egg hunt. It was seriously the funnest thing we've done in a really long time. We did it at night and had to find the eggs with a flashlight. Some of the eggs had money and prizes inside. It was seriously a blast. Thanks again Sherri for watching our girls!

7 comments:

David and Kristi Gailey said...

So fun! Your girls look so cute in their Easter dresses!

Phillips Family said...

Audrey and Julia are getting so big...makes me sad we have missed so much of them. Hopefully you will make it back here soon.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Your girls do look darling in their dresses! I agree it is hard to get decent photos with two little ones--Alyssa has a hard time balancing my little chunk James. Princess egg holders? Where did I miss those, you went all out. Heaven for Julia I am sure! Hope you are having fun with your mom, tell her hello from us and "Sissa." It was so good to chat the other day!

Ryan & Amanda said...

Cute dresses! I love the dresses and I love that Julia is such a good sharer of Audrey's princess stuff! It is definitely not weird that you love deviled eggs and hardboiled eggs, I think those are my favorite ways to eat eggs too! Love you guys!

Jody said...

Cute and Adorable girls and princess eggs!! I am totally jealous that Grandma is there and we are here.. Just come back with her!! Looks like the Easter bunny did well at your house! Glad he found those special girls!! Give them kisses!!!

natalie palmer said...

oh my heck! i LOVE hard boiled eggs and deviled eggs too! sometimes i think we're the same person.

Melinda said...

Awe, I miss Julia not looking at the camera! Her new smiles are way cute though, so I guess that's ok. I love the coordinating Easter dresses. Your adult egg hunt sounded like so much fun too. I'm glad the Easter bunny left appropriate princess things for your girls, too.