It's a good thing that I am stretching out these pictures as long as I can because I have literally not taken a single picture since my mom left and therefore would have had nothing to blog about. So, while my mom was here we made another trip out to Hocking Hills. The last time my parents visited we made a trip there but it was fall and therefore the waterfalls were non-existent. But this year after all the rain there was tons of water. It made for a very fun day.
We let Julia take her shoes off and wade through the water. Bryan at one point told her there was a worm in the water. I thought he was doing his typical teasing and tormenting but upon closer examination there actually was a worm in the water. Go figure. Julia persevered through the terrifying worms and picked another end of the stream that was visibly worm-less. Terrifying those worms are. (That last sentence was a bit like Yoda was it not?)It was so pretty. I told Julia she could sit on her bum and slide down the waterfall like a slide (I actually was kidding) and she gave me the okay and started to sit down. Luckily I stopped her and explained that though the waterfall looks like an exciting ride, it probably wasn't the best idea. Then Bryan got down on his belly and slid down that waterfall. (Okay that last part wasn't true, but I honestly don't think it would have surprised anyone).
Audrey enjoyed the hike being toted around like the little princess she is. Though to clarify for Julia's purposes, she can be Belle and Julia is Sleeping Beauty.
This picture KILLS me! We got all these cute pictures of Julia playing in the water in front of the pretty waterfall and there was this crazy lady in the background of EVERY picture . What was the crazy lady doing out in the middle of the water? Who knows? She did throw a giant rock at one of the kids she was with and gave Julia a good splash. I'm just glad the crazy lady got to have a good time. I certainly hope you enjoyed yourself crazy lady. Though I do need to keep things in perspective and remember that every once in a while a grown woman needs to wade out in the water, dance on a rock and throw giant rocks in the direction of small children while ruining otherwise adorable pictures.
Crazy lady does actually look quite menacing in this picture holding her giant rock.Hocking Hills never disappoints.
We also ventured over to Hayden Run Falls. The falls are right off of a very busy road. It feels like you step into a different world.
I love these following three pictures because you can see the frustration of taking pictures of my children. There must be something really awesome going on in the distance because they are never EVER looking at the camera.Thanks again mom for the great visit! Now we need MORE visitors (hint hint).
Covey Seely
6 years ago




12 comments:
Don't worry about hinting, I am so coming. When is best for you guys? I think I have Ryan convinced that even if he can't go, I am going! It looks so fun! We miss you guys!
Cute pictures... I have to say, I am a little concerned about the crazy lady. She looks like she wants to kill someone.
i have to say i laughed out loud at the crazy lady picture. who would be scared of worms when she was within throwing distance?
after seeing all those fun places you get to visit it makes me so excited to possibly live there in a year! yeah!
Aren't moms the best! Hocking hills sounds like a lot of fun...we need to check it out!
Brooke wanted to know who the lady was in the picture!! She agreed with Aunt Annie that she is probably crazy!! You need to let some of us know when those tickets go on sale!! Why does Bryan dress up when he goes to the falls? Is that a requirement? Julia looks happy playing in the water!! You guys look like you had a great time!! Oh, you so could have a boy and speak Yoda language to him!! I think your ready!! We love you!! Hugs and kisses for the girls!!
Oh and Audrey what a cutie!! They are both such cute princesses!! So is princess chariming!! HA ha ALways looking his finest!!
Beautiful pictures! I especially love that one of Audrey. Way cute.
Looks like you had fun.
That crazy rock lady was something else! Glad you had such a great visit!
Hocking Hills was our very favorite place to go in Ohio. WE would rent a cabin and stay there with friends. I'm jealous. ENjoy it while it lasts!
J.R. and I are laughing over the crazy lady in the pictures and your commentary!! Good thing Julia shows no sign of knowing the lady is messing up her darling photos. Hocking Hills--so fun! Glad you had such a great visit with your mom.
Ohh, I miss Hocking Hills! Looks like you had a great time! I wish my mom would come visit me! We miss you guys, maybe I will have to make a visit sometime soon.
Why is it that Julia never looks at the camera, but still somehow has a smile? Or better yet, a concerned look on her face (but still not looking at the camera)?
Post a Comment