Sunday, May 3, 2009

Lost in Translation

Do you notice that when you have kids, pretty soon you start using new words? This is happening on a regular basis at our home and I thought I would give a run down on some of the new words we are using.

Lucky Arms Translation: Lucky Charms

Rice Christmas Trees Translation: Rice Crispy Treats

Asada Translatation: Quesadilla (We quickly fixed this one just because it could be confused
with another "A" word).

Snanwich Translation: Sandwich

Robin Pins Translation: Bobby Pins (It's like a little game every time I fix her hair. She has a bobby pin hidden for me to find. She thinks she is "fixing" her hair.)

"You-the-See" Translation: Tennessee

"That thing that goes round and round and round" Translation: The merry go round

Captain Morhino Translation: Captain Moroni

Spoiled Lucky Translation: Combo between Spoiled Rotten and "I'm so lucky."

Nogurt Translation: Yogurt

Capting Cook Translation: Captain Hook

Old McDonalds Tranlation: McDonalds Resteraunt

We have also come into the "Why?" phase except we use "how?" instead. For example: "How do we go to the store?" "How do we eat lunch now?" "How is Audrey crying?" Obviously she intends to use "Why?" but it does create some interesting answers and confusion on both ends.
To not leave our little Audrey out, she is pretty busy these days as well.

She is ALMOST walking. You know that stage where they can stand on their own for a long time but just chicken out as they begin to take steps. She is getting a little bit braver though and I think she'll be walking soon. She can say a few words. She says baby, mama, dada and more.

She is also still deathly afriad of the vacuum cleaner. The other day I was vacuuming and she of course was trembling from head to toe frantically finding a place to hide. So Julia went to comfort her. She literally clung to Julia the entire time I vacuumed.
Her little personality is showing itself more and more each day. She is such a tease but such a little cuddle bug. She is our weakness. None of us can resist her. And in just two short weeks my baby will be one! Where does the time go?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for some great late night reading. Sounds like you eat great at your house too...Lucky Charms and Rice Krispie Treats! Yum.

natalie palmer said...

scott just whispered in my ear that he really wants to play with audrey! ok, that's a joke because scott is still babbling away with pretty much no words at all. its crazy how similar they are (scott is terrified fo the vaccuum too) and how differen they are (no words -except maybe a possible mama or dada here and there - but he's cruising around on his little feet. audrey sounds like she's a smart little girl. and that julia! she cracks us up. oh! i had to tell you that i dreamt about you guys during my nap today! so weird! ok, this is officially the longest comment ever. i'm done now.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

I am laughing and loving all of Julia's words!! Can cute Audrey really almost be one?!

Ryan & Amanda said...

I love Julia's words! The Robin pin sounds fun as well as spoiled lucky, that is probably my favorite! I am so glad she is (hopefully) liking her jacket, I thought it was too cute to pass up, but I was afraid it wouldn't fit! Audrey is so cute, poor thing those vacuum cleaners are terrifying!

David and Kristi Gailey said...

So funny! We have to translate a lot of words at our house too. My favorite one is SLOOP, translation: Being sucked away by a tornado or the dreaded vacuum cleaner!

Jody said...

OH, you have to come visit soon so I can kiss their cute little faces off!! Funny little Julia!! I think I would like it if Jenna was scared of the vacuum... She loves to chase it, which makes it really hard to vacuum!! She will just take it head on!! Audrey is so stinking cute!! She has grown up way to quick!! So has Julia and what a beauty she is! Kiss them for me!!

Britni said...

Oh Julia...she is a funny girl. That's awesome you are writing all these things down now so you can share them with her later!

Phillips Family said...

We loved Julia's words... and cannot believe how big Audrey is!! We miss you guys a lot. Hopefully you will come and visit soon.