Sunday, May 17, 2009

This Month is Such a Special One...

Audrey and I celebrated our birthdays this week. I don't know if I've had this much birthday cake at my house for a while. My birthday was up first (the 13th) and we celebrated with a trip to Red Robin and some hugs from some very cute little girls.
Bryan spoiled me lucky this year and got me an I pod. I have officially left the 80's behind me. Within the last year not only have I gotten a cell phone but an I pod as well. I even learned how to use I tunes. He also got me the fancy shmancy arm band to go running with. I think that it accentuates my bulging biceps quite nicely. No one is going to want to mess with me.
Bryan also went to Cap City and got me this delicious chocolate cake. It was amazing. He got two pieces and I told him we would never eat it all in two days. Yes, I was wrong and I feel totally justified since it was my birthday. Bryan you are too good to me. Thank you for the best birthday.
It is SOOO crazy to think that this was me last year. Big and uncomfortable and VERY ready for a baby to come out. And four days after my birthday she finally came. Such a sweet and beautiful baby. You never fully appreciate how much joy and happiness they will bring to your life and into your home.
And now I am celebrating a year since that time! I just can't believe it. Audrey has actually been really sick the past few days. So you may see the droopy eyed look in a few of these pictures, but she did perk up a little bit as the day went on.

Her special present this year was a new flowery car seat. I figure that you use one of the car seats per kid and so I was going to get her one that was fit for a girl. She actually really enjoys it, despite the angry look on her face in this picture.
We came home pretty early from church because she has been so sick. I think her favorite birthday present of the day was me letting her get into Julia's toys. She knew she was being sneaky and loved every minute of it.
Julia and I decided some time ago we were going to make her a lady bug cake. Not too fancy but the girls were excited about it.
Audrey's special individual cake for her destroying pleasure.
Such sweet sisters. As Audrey is getting older they are playing more and more together.

The present made for a great mode of transportation.
And it wouldn't be a birthday without balloons.
Julia was VERY helpful in the unwrapping of the gift...
and with the playing of the gift. She told me that they needed to "share" it. Audrey was content to make animal sounds. She loves the cow "moooooo."
Now she's ready for some cake.

I was so impressed that she dug right in. She didn't waste any time.
She was even willing to share.
My good friend Miranda, from BYU, was here on business and came and had dinner with us. It was so great to see her and to celebrate Audrey's birthday with her. Always great to catch up with good friends. Thanks for visiting Miranda!
Here is some video for the family that lives so far away. Hopefully it makes you feel like you were here celebrating with us. Audrey girl, we love you so much and are so glad you are a part of our family. Here are a few quick things about Audrey at one year that I don't want to forget.
She is such a calm influence in our home
She can make lots of animal sounds. Her favorite is the doggie bark. She also roars really good.
She can find most of her body parts and is particularly fond of her tummy and tongue.
She can say a few words. Her very favorite is "more" which gets her pretty much whatever she wants.
She loves baby dolls .
She's learning how toys work and how they fit together.
She is very sensitive and gets very sad when we tell her no.
She loves to be around us and likes to go to other people.
She loves to close doors but isn't too excited when she closes a door and is in a room by herself.
She likes to pretend to comb her hair and put lotion on.
She is too chicken to walk yet but loves her little walker.
She probably has chapped cheeks because I kiss them too much. We love you Audrey!! Happy Birthday Sweet Heart!

13 comments:

Sarah Walton said...

Happy Birthday to both birthday girls!! Sounds like you both had great days. I can't believe Audrey is already one! Seems like you just had her. And I love the ladybug cake - so creative!

cheeks said...

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAYS!! Has it really been a year already? THat's so crazy!

SO, the cap city cake! We've had that....and i can't believe how huge the slices are! So yummy!

So, i hear you're quite the talented "garage sale goer"...we need to talk, i want some tips!
--jami--

Kara said...

I'm retarded and was thinking that your bday was the 14th, don't ask me why! And I was going to bring you a little something after activity days, then we were helping the Royces. So I thought I'd bring it to church and never saw, obviously because you skipped out early and didn't invite me! So, I WILL make it over to HAND-deliver your special bday surprise from ME! But don't get too excited, I'm a lame bday gifter, but who doesn't love giftcards?!

Ryan & Amanda said...

Audrey is so cute! I can't believe she is one already! I love that cake, you said it was simple, but it was pretty dang cute! I love that you made a ladybug mini cake! Very impressive! I wish we could have celebrated both birthdays with you guys!

Unknown said...

So weird weird Annie that your sweet girl is one already. I totally forgot to ask you how her birthday weekend was. Looks like it was so fun...and to think that cake is gone already!

David and Kristi Gailey said...

Happy Birthday to both of you! I can't believe Audrey is ONE! I loved hearing Julia's little voice in the background singing to her. Your girls are so sweet!

Sara said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!!! (And dang you are looking good! I can't seem to get rid of this stinkin 20 extra pounds - what is your secret!) Happy Birthday to two of the cutest girlies ever! And PS I LOVE the cake! You are such a cute mom!!!

R said...

Hey Annie!
Happy Birthday to you both!
And you did not look very big at all last year. Seriously! You look amazing! (and still do!)
:)

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Yay, looks like you had a great birthday! Some of that Cap City chocolate cake looks fabulous!! I can't believe a year has flown by already with Audrey. Love that Julia wants to "share" her presents, smart girl. What a sweetheart cute Audrey is!

Melinda said...

Happy Birthday to all! Oooh and I love the little people farm. Emerson got that for his birthday too. It's a total hit...but I'm worried now after reading your post that my child is slow. Animal sounds, really? I thought E was doing well because he giggled when I did them....Hm....we're going to have to work on that. I'm so impressed with your smart little girl. She's such a cutie. :)

John-David and Kathryn said...

Annie
Happy birthday. Our birthdays are just a few days apart. So I though that picture of pregnant was of you now and I thought you were really trying to get those kids close together. But then I read on and was corrected. WE will miss you guys. It's sad to be moving on.

Camisha Gollaher said...

What a special month...you've got Mother's day in there too, no better time to celebrate. It sounds like you had a good one & you deserve it! My Bday is May 12th- I never knew we were just 2 days apart! Well, Happy belated bday, and great job the cake! I love cute little creative ideas. I wanna make a ladybug cake just for fun. Berklie would LOVE it! Thanks for the idea!!!

Cara said...

love the lady bug cake- how cute. I cannot believe Audrey is a year...we always say it but where does the time go? I can't believe I'm not in OH anymore--don't forget us. I'm so glad you could come to the party the other day but I wish I would have been more awake when we were chatting...you said 'doesn't it look like I've been running' so of course I said no bc you didn't look sweaty and you weren't in work-out clothes but then you took it to mean it didn't look like you were a runner...you little punk that's not what I meant. I'm glad you got that new i-pod thingamajig for running bc YES you look like you run all the time. :)