It was the craziest thing. It seems like all of the sudden summer has arrived. In one day the muggy, steamy heat that is Ohio summers is upon us. Bryan and I were discussing this as we were melting in the sweltering 86 degree sunshine yesterday and decided that we actually don't mind it. There is a certain smell and feeling that comes with the Ohio summers that makes it...summer. And possibly because we are such strong supporters of air conditioning, we are actually very glad it is here, even with the perpetual sweaty back that is the result of the humid air. It's that heavy air that makes you want to jump in a swimming pool or make a trip to the Bunny Fountains.
In honor of summer's arrival and because I have been itching to put the girls and myself in a swimming suit we made a trip to the fountains.Ahhhh don't you just love summer. I have decided that one of my favorite things is the summer smell on my girls. That mix between baby sweat and sunscreen. I think that you can only appreciate your own child's summer smell as I can attest to teaching young children and smelling their odor as they came in from recess. That smell was not so pleasant. But the summer smell of my own children is wonderful, well...most of the time.
Audrey was not a fan of crawling on the hard cement so she started to bear crawl.
The dancing bunnies themselves. We always have to pay the bunnies a visit on the top of the hill before we leave. It was a beautiful day and here's to many more beautiful summer days to come.
Covey Seely
6 years ago




11 comments:
well, i can't say that i'm anxious to get into a swimsuit just yet, but that sticky back thing i got goin on as soon as i walk outside sure makes me want some water! So...where are these little fountains? they look so fun!
Can't wait to join you there soon!
The girls are adorable in their swimming suits and I totally agree about the smell of your own kids versus recess. I love Alli's "smell", but the after recess smell is one of the worst!
I can't believe y'all are already playing at the bunny fountains. i'm still holding out for a little more spring weather....but i think it's just about over.
Ohhh the bunny fountains. Maybe we'll have to make a trip up to Columbus sometime and join you. I did find a great little park with fun water fountains that we tried out over Memorial Day. It was great!
Recess smell....5th graders totally stink and really haven't fully grasped the concept of deoderant yet. I didn't really feel like that was one of the things I was held accountable for teaching, but subtle reminders came up so frequently. Brings up vivid AND smelly memories. Oh we miss the bunny fountains--sounds great right now! Wish we could go with you!
oooh..how i am missing those bunny fountains already! and you of course too!
Oh the bunny fountains look fun! It's hot here in Ogden, but not too hot yet, and of course it's dry. I am going to have to find a fountain park here- I know there is one somewhere. You're girls are so dang cute. I love girls in suits!!!
You'll have to tell "Cheeks" hi for me- and have her give me her email addy so I can invite her to my blog!!! It's such a small world. I am the office manager for the dentist adjacent to her dad and brother's practice. And Jamie applied to our office just after graduating hygiene. She's such a cutie...I miss her vibrant smile around here!!!
This is really a comment on the last post...I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact that you made a mini cake for Audrey...Hope you both had the BEST birthdays!!!
I plan to make almost weekly trips to the Bunny Fountains. Let me know if you want to go sometime.
ooh, I plan on going weekly as well . . . let's make sure we all go on the same day!
Post a Comment