I need to back up a little bit before I cover Easter. On our big Nashville trip we first made a stop in Cincinnati. We were able to spent Conference Sunday morning here eating breakfast with some of our favorite people the Hagbergs and then were able to drive to Cincinnati and catch the afternoon session and dinner with some of our other favorite people the Gaileys. It was such a great day and Bryan and I feel so lucky to have such wonderful friends.
Monday morning we decided to hit an indoor water park. Coco Keys was the destination.Julia was VERY hesitant starting out. She rushed up to a slide and went down immediately and I think it scared her, so she wouldn't go down anything for quite a while. Finally I convinced her to try this small twisty slide that didn't appear to have a height requirement. Well Julia was confused and ran up to the slide with the lifeguards that I know she was too short for. She managed to sneak her way in and went down the large twisty slides. She found no rhyme or reason to lines or waiting for the lifeguard to give her the okay. She would go when she wasn't supposed to and cut in front of several people. After discussing the laws of the pool with her she finally told Bryan, "Those teachers up there (lifeguards) tell me to wait and then they give me the thumbs up and I can go." It was so fun watching her go down again and again.
Here she is at the bottom of the big slides. There were some smaller ones that she was terrified of but after psyching herself up she finally mustered up the courage. I thought it was hilarious because she literally stood at the bottom of the slide for fifteen minutes. I could just see the inner pep talk that was going on. She finally braved up and did it.
Little Audrey just crawled in the water and was content to be held and cuddled. She is our little sweetheart...
and our little monster.
Covey Seely
6 years ago




6 comments:
That looks like a lot of fun. I am sure anyone of the Phillips' would have never braved any one of those slides.
That looks like such a fun indoor waterpark! I am glad Julia enjoyed the slides, they are so fun! Audrey looks adorable in her swimming suit!
Way to go Julia!! Very fun stop along the way. I can just picture Julia sneaking in and out of lines, going where ever and when ever--too funny. Brave little girl!
Looks like a way fun place, we'll have to check that one out. Glad your girls liked it!
Haha Ethan does the same thing at waterparks. he just cuts in line and goes when he wants, no matter how many times you tell him he has to wait. it is so funny.
Looks like you had fun! Wish we could have come!
Post a Comment