
It was one year ago that little Julia started primary and now she is moving up in the world. Each year we do a spotlight and last year I shared it on my blog, so I thought this year I would do the same.
How old are you? four.
Where do you live? In Ohio.
What is your favorite food? Peanut Butter and Honey and Quesadillas
What is your favorite snack? fruit snacks
What is your favorite animal? A giraffe
What is your favorite color? Pink, red, yellow and purple.
Why are those your favorite colors? Because they're girl colors.
What is your favorite toy? Strawberry Shortcake House.
What are you good at? games.
What is your favorite thing to do? Play with daddy.
What is your favorite thing to do with daddy? Play Uno.
What is your favorite thing to do with mommy? Help her cook.
What do you want to be when you grow up? A teacher and a cook.
How old are you going to be when you are a mother? maybe five or ten.
What is your favorite thing to do with Audrey? Play with Audrey's toys.
Where is your favorite place to visit? Nana and Papa and Grandma.
What's your least favorite thing to do? Make Audrey cry.
What's your favorite movie? Hercules.
What's your favorite t.v. show? I love every single show (this unfortunately is probably true)
What's your favorite letter? Princess letters. (with further prodding) J.
What is your favorite hobby? dance and preschool.
What is your favorite scripture story? The fruit tree. (meaning the Tree of Life)
What's your favorite primary song? I Know That My Savior Loves Me.
Who is Joseph Smith? A prophet.
What did he do? Say a prayer.
What Happened When He Said a Prayer? Jesus and Heavenly Father came.
Where's your favorite place to play? At friends' houses.
What's your favorite thing to do at pre-school? do centers.
What is your nick name? Juls or Orange Julius.
Who is our prophet? Our prophet is President Monson.
What does the prophet do? Be kind and teach. Be nice.
What do you want to do in the future? Build a snowman.
A few more things about Julia right now:
1. She really loves going to preschool.
2. She has great compassion for those around her and has a great capacity to love.
3. Julia really wants to do what is right and can be very hard on herself when she makes a bad choice.
4. She loves to help me cook and begs to help with everything I make.
5. She is learning to read, rhyme, write and spell. It is pretty much all high frequency words, but she really is getting better and better. We have the goal that when she gets through "Red Fish, Blue Fish, Old Fish, New Fish," she gets a prize. She is about halfway through.
6. She just learned to write her name the right way instead of all capital letters and is still left handed.
7. She still takes naps most days.
8. Julia loves to watch movies involving any princess and if it is a kid show without a princess she requests otherwise.
9. She is very kind to her sister.
10. On the other hand, she definitely has a temper. It is usually accompanied by some irrational ranting of some kind to the effect of, "I will not put my shoes on! I will put nothing on and never go anywhere!" It is really hard for us to keep a straight face during her rants.
11. She has a hard time sitting still, lots of energy.
12. She loves reading books and would sit and listen to books all day.
13. She loves her friends.
14. Dancing is her favorite and is something she really looks forward to each week. She loves her dance clothes very much as well.
15. She is a huge help to me. It is a rare thing when I ask her to do something and she turns me down.
16. She is afraid of being in the dark or alone. A frequent phrase heard in my house is, "Audrey if you don't stay downstairs with me I'm not going to be your friend anymore!"
17. She is quite brave when it comes to climbing or going on rides. She reminds me of Bryan that way.
18. She still hates talking on the phone. It makes her very uncomfortable.
19. She loves to sing and learns songs so fast. Her dance teacher gave us a CD of her dance songs and that is the current favorite in the car. I love listening to her sing to the music.
20. She approaches new situations great most of the time but sometimes she will be really shy and resistant. I always need to give her a good pep talk before she does something new.
21. Her absolute favorite thing to do as a family is to play Uno and have ice cream. We play Uno at least five nights out of the week.
Oh we love our sweet little Julia. She is truly a joy in our home and we are so excited that she is starting another year of primary. I have just loved watching her little testimony of the Savior grow as she learns about Jesus and his love for her. We really couldn't be more proud of the wonderful little girl she is becoming.
Covey Seely
6 years ago




13 comments:
She really is the sweetest little girl, I love that picture of her! It totally shows her sweet, fun, spunky personality!!! I am so glad you put these spotlights up, I absolutely love reading them!!!
What a great post! We LOVE Julia! I love watching she and Aiden play together and the sense of humor that they both seem to have. Such a beautiful, smart and sweet girl. :)
I love that she only likes princess letters. So cute. I love to hear the way kids answer questions. I think we might come down this weekend. Are you guys going to be around? I'll call you this week when i know for sure.
ahhh..she IS so sweet. i love your questions..so fun.
Can't help but love Julia.
I love that you guys are all playing Uno together these days. Such a great idea. Her favorite colors are expanding! I tell you Annnie, I love her.
Julia and Dylan could be UNO BESTFRIENDS!! She is such a doll!! So glad we are related to her. What a sweet little BIG girl!!
Julia is so cute...I am thankful for her because she makes eric want to have a girl...You like me, do ya?!
Julia is soo cute. You guys are doing a fantastic job raisng both Julia and Audrey! What a joy you bring to all of our lives. And thanks for being sooooo faithful in posting to your blog so those of us far away can stay in touch.
So cute. That Julia has such a cute personality to go with her cute little face. :)
oh julia. so she is such a cutie. I asked taylee what she wanted to be when she grew up yesterday and she said "julia" we have some hero worship going on here.... so you better figure out a date with your honey and get that girl over here to play.
candice
Super cute! I LOVE the picture. . great colors. . and such a beautiful little girl!
Ah Julia, I too love giraffes, I know that my Savior Loves me is my new favorite song, and Kennedy is also still left handed. the only two little girls I know that are left handed! We sure miss you!
Post a Comment