It's pretty much a second Christmas around here because Nana and Papa came for a visit. Julia literally couldn't sleep days before and hasn't slept since. She and Audrey have been enormously spoiled. My dad stayed for just a few days and my mom is giving us an entire week and a half! It has been such a great way to break up the winter doldrums.
It has been pretty frigid around these parts so we've been doing a great deal of hanging around in a warm house and then going somewhere to stuff our faces...There are just too many wonderful places to eat around here and we have taken full advantage.
Nana has also filled her time with giving a great deal of attention to a couple of cute little girls. She brought Julia the book, "Fancy Nancy." Let's just say things have been pretty fancy around here. We had fancy "parfaits" with lots and lots of sprinkles of course.
Painted our fingernails.
And spent a special night watching a movie with just Nana. Few things bring a bigger smile to my face then coming down stairs and having them both cuddled on the blanket with my mom and so anxious to show me their beautiful fingernails. I think it is very important for my children to know that someone other than Bryan and me loves them, and their Grandparents have been so great at letting them know that.
We went to the Cosi (forgot camera) and the mall to play on the play land.
And of course Nana let them ride the little carousel at the mall. Spoiled I tell you.
We still have Nana for a couple of more days thank goodness because there is going to be some serious whining and crying when she does leave. Here's a few more things that went on:
We stayed up until 2:00AM one night and I think last night it was 1:00AM just talking
We watched some interesting and some dumb movies that made us laugh so hard because they were so dumb.
We watched an old soap opera together and made fun of the actors/actresses foreheads.
We have talked a great deal about a family we know well that just lost a son that was my age and have felt really sad about it.
I have been reminded daily about how I need to move closer to family.
We have gone to the gym here a few times and I watched my mom attempt the stair stepper and eliptical. She really is in fantastic shape for her age. I hope those genes get passed down.
We watched Julia do a mini-dance recital.
We both gagged when we barely saved Audrey from eating another kid's snot at the mall play area.
We have eaten out way too much.
We have just had a great time being together even if it is freaking freezing outside.
Covey Seely
6 years ago




12 comments:
I was going to call you back today, but by the time I got your message I knew you would be partying again with your mom. Lucky lucky you are. I've sure missed you guys though! See you at church. I hear there will be a great talk you wont want to miss.
Looks like fun annie! I saw your cute mom and sister-in-law at the mall right before Christmas. I just love your family! Your girls are so cute too. It's always fun when Grandma and Grandpa come to play :-)
Sounds like so much fun!!!
you ARE so lucky! sounds like a blast..what are the funny/dumb movies you laughed at...i need a good laughing reccomendation!:)
So happy to hear that you are having such a great time! Loved reading about all the fun things you have been doing. I do have to admit that we have missed you guys though. We will have to get back to hanging out soon. We are going STIR crazy over here!
Enjoy the visit! It is always the best when Grandparents come to stay! Tell Julie hi from us!
How fun that your mom came to visit. What a great relationship you have with each other.
Just come back with her and continue the fun!!! We want the girls to come play!! We can keep on spoiling them here!!Miss ya and can't wait until you do come home to visit and for the day you move closer!!
So great to have your cute mom come visit and break up that wonderful:) Ohio winter. Enjoy her!
Who doesn't love Fancy Nancy. Loads of fun! Your girls are getting so big.
I never get visitors. I'm jealous!
What fun! Sounds like the perfect way to spend January. I'm dying for warm weather too, but that's no where on our horizon.
Almost gagged at that snot story as well! :-)
Can't wait to see you in March!
I wish I was there!! That nasty sam and her wrinkly forehead(yes that's right I know the soap stars you are refering to.) Also I love love that picture of Audrey with her fingernails painted.
Post a Comment