Sunday, January 25, 2009

Spotlight Spotlight


Julia just started primary and they asked us to put together a spotlight. I thought that it would be a good idea to do an extended spotlight on Julia here on the blog so that we could look back on it year to year and see how she's changed. Here is an interview I gave Julia today in her own words:

What is your full name: Julia Atricia (She can't say Patricia)
How old are you? I'm just three.
Where do you live? I live at primary.
What is your favorite food? Noodles
What is your favorite snack? Peanut Butter and Honey Sandwich.
What is your favorite animal? A horsie
What is your favorite color? Red and pink.
What is your favorite toy? Ponies and rocket.
What are you good at? I'm good at church.
What is your favorite thing to do? Play with Jansen.
What is your favorite thing to do with daddy? Play with him.
What is your favorite thing to do with mommy? Give hugs.
What do you want to be when you grow up? A momma.
How old are you going to be when you are a mother? Five
What is your favorite thing to do with Audrey? Play with her toys.
Where is your favorite place to visit? Nana and Papa and Grandma.
What's your least favorite thing to do? Bug Audrey.
What's your favorite movie? Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
What's your favorite t.v. show? Dora.
What's your favorite letter? J U L I A
What is your favorite hobby? Dance at dance class.
What is your favorite scripture story? When Jesus was baptized.
What's your favorite primary song? I Lived in Heaven (what song do you think they're learning this month?)
Who is Joseph Smith? He said a prayer in the backyard.
Where's your favorite place to play? At primary.
What's your favorite thing to do at pre-school? Learn my letters.



In addition here are some other things about Julia...
She knows all of her letters and letter sounds. She is asking words all day long. She can also write her name and spell Julia, mom, dad and Audrey.
She is left handed.

Julia gets very upset when she feels she is being treated unjustly. Time outs and going to our room are very dramatic scenes. She is always trying to negotiate her side and pushes her limits as much as she can. It's a good thing her mother is as stubborn as she is.

When Julia is nervous she talks ALOT. Her preschool, primary and dance teachers can confirm this fact. I am told she can make some really random comments in primary.

Julia starts walking around the house really fast when she has to go to the bathroom. I can ALWAYS tell when it's time to go.

She's starting to make jokes. Sometimes she is surprisingly funny.

Julia loves movies.

Julia has a very kind heart. Whenever I ask for a hug she never refuses me. She tells me many times a day that she loves me and she loves her little sister.

Julia loves her friends. She is always looking for someone to play with and just adores the friends that she has.

Julia has lots of energy. She gallops everywhere she goes.

Julia loves milk and peanut butter and honey sandwiches. I am certain she could survive on these two items alone.

Julia loves to go shopping with me. She is almost always great at the store.

Julia bites her nails terribly. I haven't had to trim them in years.

Julia is very attached to her Strawberry Shortcake blanket and cannot sleep without it.

Julia talks in her sleep.

Julia was made to be a big sister. She helps me with Audrey all day long, whether I want it or not.

Julia loves to sing. She catches the words to music so fast and is always listening for music. She'll often comment on the elevator music in stores.

Julia is not afraid of new experiences. She goes to primary, dance and preschool with lots of enthusiasm.

Julia is stubborn.

Her hair is naturally curly.

All of her toys are downstairs but she is too afraid to play down there by herself.

Julia doesn't enjoy dress ups all that much. I have to convince her to wear her princess dress which is very surprising considering her obsession with princesses.

Julia doesn't enjoy getting her hair done but hates it when her hair isn't fixed so she tolerates it.

She still takes a nap every day and often requests it. She naps better now than she did a year ago.

Julia cannot sit still in a chair. In fact just last night she fell out of a chair at a restaurant.

Julia doesn't like it when I'm mad at her. She tries really hard to admit her mistakes in a very positive way as to avoid punishment.

14 comments:

Allyson said...

Oh how we've been blessed with little Julia's spirit! It's been so fun to be in primary with these perfect, brilliant little ones. My favorite story so far is when Kevin asked Julia her name and she responded with "I'm Princess Julia!"
She is a doll, and we're so lucky to teach her in primary!

The Bowcutts:)

Unknown said...

You know I LOVE her. She's almost like my own! Don't worry though, I won't kidnap her. Jansen may elope with her someday though.

Dehner Family said...

That is really cute. I love her answers - esp the question, what are you good at. I wish my kids could say I'm good at church. Cute idea!

Ryan & Amanda said...

I am still really hoping she will come live with us. I would be so happy if Alli is a lot like Julia! My favorite is that she will be a mother when she is 5 and that her favorite thing to do is bug Audrey (she must get that from Bryan). Love you guys!

Rachel said...

Such a cute idea. I love learning about your girls. I feel like I know them...weird! You have an adorable family.

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

I loved that Joseph Smith said a prayer in the backyard. Technically it's true.

Phillips Family said...

We laughed long and hard at this. What great memories.

David and Kristi Gailey said...

I loved reading about Julia! She is getting too big! We miss seeing her cute face.

natalie palmer said...

that was so cute and funny! its not often that i read posts but that one definitely kept my attention. i feel so much closer to julia now that i know so much about her!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

So SO loved reading this. Very sweet and will be fun for her to look back on as well! I can just hear her little voice saying Julia Atricia--too cute! As always, wish we could hang out.

Britni said...

Shw is a doll! Those answers to the questions are PRICELESS! I'm glad to see that other people's kids have their "moments!" Thanks for letting us come by today!

Jody said...

What a smart little girl she is... Love that girl

Laurie said...

Such a cutie! It looks like you're going to have the birds and the bees talk with her early--mom by 5 huh? :-)

I think it's the cutest thing that she talks lots when she's nervous--it's the exact opposite of my kids.

John-David and Kathryn said...

Julia sounds like a typical oldest child. She is going to be reading in no time. What a cute little girl.