Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Things I've Learned This Week

Things I've Learned This Week...

1. Winter isn't going anywhere any time soon so I might as well try to make the most of it.
2. Just staying home often seems easier than putting coats, socks, hats and blankets on two kids and getting out the door.

3. I can fix a vacuum cleaner.

4. Audrey has an irrational fear of the vacuum.

5. An 8 month old baby waking up two times a night to eat is NOT okay.

6. The 8 month old will not resent you in the morning for making them cry it out at 1:30AM until 2:30AM though you will have a tired headache all day long.

7. Impressively enough Julia can sleep through quite a bit.
8. One of the best ways to spend a day in the house is having singing and dance parties. Julia and I have a great time and a broom stick handle makes a great microphone. Julia knows most of the lyrics and sings right along with me.
9. The Biggest Loser workout video is not as easy as I thought it would be. Even going to aerobics three times a week did not prepare me for the pain and sweat I would endure with the video. Bryan and I are no match for Jillian. Our pride was hurt by trying to start out at level 2. We will be returning to level 1.

10. I'm so glad I have Julia in preschool and dance class or I'm afraid I would never get out of the house or see anyone.

11. The book Angels and Demons by Dan Brown is a page turner and better than I thought it would be.

12. I enjoy playing the piano and have been trying to do it more often this week.

13. I hate teething.

14. I love Gain laundry detergent. It makes our clothes smell so so good.

15. I still hate doing laundry.

16. I watched the movie Penelope and really enjoyed it, though I'm glad with my many faults I don't have a pig nose.

17. I have been missing many of my friends that moved away this past year. I don't know what it's been this week. I just have been missing them more than usual.

18. I wish I played basketball.

19. I'm SO excited for my friend Rachel to come and visit me on Thursday. It's been over two years since I've seen her and I get to meet her little boy.

20. I haven't been on a date with my husband in eight months. I think I need to change that one of these days.
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Phillips Family said...

I didn't see that you missed your family this week on you list. I feel shafted. I will go and cry in the corner. Just kidding. Speaking of you playing basketball, do you remember when you shot at the wrong hoop. Ah, the awkward memories we wished we could just fade away. Anyway, Camille and I were talking about how much we really missed having you and Bryan around during Christmas. We do really miss you guys!

Dehner Family said...

I love the picture of both girls playing in bed. That is so sweet! And yes, I agree that Angels and Demons is a great book.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I hate laundry too. Abe was about 8 months before he started sleeping through the night, but once he finally caught on he has become a solid 7 to 7 sleeper, it is great!
Good luck.

Ryan & Amanda said...

I volunteer for babysitting duty so you and Bryan can go on a date. So whenever you would like to take me up on that, I am more than happy to oblige! Seeing all the things you do with Julia makes me excited for when Alli is bigger and can play a little differently. You are such a fun, creative mother! I am right with you on hating teething. Right now I am also hating croup and bronchiolitis and the extra night wakings! Good luck!

Jody said...

Julia looks like she is enjoying the snow... Is it cold too? How can you not love laundry?? I'm with Adam I think that you should also be missing your family... You should have a date... It is so worth it... Maybe Bryan could come with you when you come and you could go on lots of dates since you would have lots of babysitters... Teething takes forever... Has it broke through yet?? I am ready for sleeping through the night too.... I thought you were going to make her cry it out????? They are so cute. My favorite picture is Julia and Audrey in bed together.. Oh so cute..Miss ya.... Give those cute girls a big Kiss..

David and Kristi Gailey said...

I'm with you on thankful for pre school to get me out of the house, not loving bundling everyone up every time we leave just to survive the freezing cold and missing all of my friends. Maybe it's just the winter blues. Dave and I had our first date since we moved last night because the young women did a baby sitting activity. I think they had like 30 kids, everyone must feel the same way and want to get out of the house.

kiki comin said...

i just got one of those biggest loser workout videos too! now i'm a little scared to try it!:) maybe you need to just come and play basketball some night..just to try it out!(maybe you will love it!):) love this list thing..i may copy this idea.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

So I really enjoyed the book Angels and Demons as well--couldn't put it down, and liked it more than the DiVinci Code that everyone raved about. You guys do need to get out on a date...we do too, wish we were there to double! Glad you guys are making the most out of the snow. Miss you guys!

emilyy said...

I've also learned many of those lessons, some the hard way. oh and I volunteer to babysit for your date night!

Scott and Melanie said...

I wish I was there to...WAIT...I wish you were HERE to trade babysitting!! I'm not really missing the cold weather (sorry). I just like high 70's-call me crazy...Date nights have definitely been in short supply since we left Ohio. Those girls are adorable! Give them a hug for me!

Sara said...

Oh Annie! I just love to check your cute, cute blog. I look forward to the fun and creative things that you post. You are SUCH a CUTE MOM!!! Your girls are so, so, SO beautiful! Oh what fun!

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

Hey, is that pink blanket the same one that you had growing up. When I was a kid I puked on that blanket once. Tell no one.

eric

Melinda said...

I love reading your posts! I'm sorry about the tired headache from letting your baby cry it out...I'm right there with ya. We had one of those about 2 nights ago. Your girls are so dang cute.