Thursday, January 8, 2009

Some Girls and Their Hair

Now that I have two girls I am learning the joys and pains of fixing little girl hair. Audrey came out with such a mane that it has been necessary to fix earlier than I expected. Audrey is getting quite thick piggytails at this point which is 7 1/2 months.

I couldn't fix Julia's hair like that until she was 14 months. Not that I'm complaining. In the spring of last year I talked Julia into letting me flat iron her hair to see how long it is.Look at how much longer it has gotten. We have some difficulty getting it fixed each morning and I have debated cutting it shorter. For the moment I love it long and I will keep it as long as she is still willing to endure the fixing it requires.
This little one has such crazy hair I am often at a loss of what to do with it. It it always sticking up somewhere. My brother thinks that she looks kind of like one of these...
I'm just glad her hair isn't purple (amongst other things). I was hoping I could compare her to some adorable cartoon character or baby model. These were really popular back in the day though and I have to admit I owned one or two. Why were they so popular? Maybe because they look like really REALLY adorable babies.

Julia's grandma sent her a new leotard, skirt, tights and ballet slippers for dance class. She is SO thrilled with them. Santa got her some princess shoes for Christmas and they don't hold a candle to the ballet slippers. She wears them all over the house all day long. She would wear the whole outfit all day long if she could get it on by herself.


What a pretty ballerina. Thank you grandma. You couldn't have send a more perfect gift.

I also need to give a quick Happy Birthday to my Mumma Kunga. She turned the big 6-0 today and I wish so much I could be there to celebrate. Mom you are my best friend and I hope you have a wonderful day. We love you! Also I am getting a new nephew today. Good luck Eric and Aimei! We can't wait to meet little Max.

7 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

I love the hair pictures. Julia's long hair is so beautiful! At the rate Alli is going she will be in preschool before she can have pig tails! Audrey looks so cute with them though and Julia is an adorable ballerina!

Dehner Family said...

Your girls really do have beautiful hair. Makes me jealous! Where is Julia taking dance classes? I have been looking into places for Morgan, but haven't decided on one yet... any suggestions?

Kara said...

I love the comparison!

John-David and Kathryn said...

Love the Troll/Audrey comparison. pretty funny.

Perry's said...

I love your girls hair! You don't realize what effort goes into it when you see them look so dang cute all the time, you make it look easy.

Kenny, Tara, Ashley said...

Oh please don't cut Julia's locks- I just love them. Your girls have gorgeous hair and always have it done so cute. It does take some effort to keep it cute I am finding out. I have to fix Ashley's twice a day. She just doesn't have enough hair to keep those hair bands in I guess. Your girls are lucky to have such beautiful locks!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Love the pretty ballerina!!