We've been so cooped up this winter so far that I have resorted to cages.
Seriously, Bryan just finished a week of vacation that was so wonderful and now he has had call two days in a row. I am not complaining...but...it does become difficult to keep the girls occupied and my sanity in tact through the long evenings. I did put them both in laundry baskets and filled them with toys and books. It bought me at least 40 minutes until Audrey fell over and was wedged in the bottom of the basket. I also keep a stash of "special" toys up in the closet for those "pull-your-hair-out moments". It includes play dough, magnet paper dolls, coloring books, paints and the like. The type of activites that if she had free reign it would mean a gigantic mess, but if it's "special" is a great time filler. So I'm curious and eager for more ideas. What do you do on these freezing winter days to fill and occupy your time? And don't say movies. We've already done that one today. Twice.
I did make it out to the store and grabbed this little beanie for just three dollars. Her hair is too long for headbands, but not for cute beanies.
Julia was feeling left out and had to get a picture as well. We had pancakes for dinner tonight (yes Bryan is on call) and Julia got syrup all over that long hair. I watched her just using her hair like a napkin wiping away. We then discussed WHY it is she cries when I comb through syrupy hair. I'm not sure what reasoning she used to think that hair is the best thing to get the sticky off your hands. Lesson learned today: Hair is NOT a napkin.

I then added a flower to the beanie to see what I thought. That's right. We had a very eventful day. I just can't figure out how I have one child with such brown eyes and another with such blue. Audrey is getting teeth and it makes her sad sometimes. We're hoping for a "break through" any day now. That or she's going to chaw her little fingers right off.
11 comments:
I could just eat that cute little Audrey up!! Be ready to craft some head bands or something fun when you come!! That hat on her is to die for with such a beautiful face!! Julia is adorable!! Make sure that you book more than one week. Kiss those cute faces for me... Can't wait to see you..
What a smart mom you are by the way... Never thought to put toys in the laundry basket.. We have only used it for rides from one end of the house to the other!! Looks like fun.. Oh and hey if you get bored you can go purchase one of those hats for Jenna.. You will be greatly rewarded for your time!! Hope that tooth comes in quickly for Audrey's and your sake..
They are soo adorable! I love that beanie!! Good luck with the teeth, I hope they come through quickly! No fun, Alli gets so sad from them also! So from Jodie's comment, it sounds like you are coming braving the flight to come visit?? Hopefully? Please come hangout down with us to, I want to see those cute cute girls again!! It would be so fun! Love you guys! I hope the next two days go quickly with Bryan's call, I've never done the laundry basket, such a good idea! Sorry, I don't have any fabulous ideas for you except they have some plaster kits and you paint the little figurines.
Wow, Audrey is growing up super fast. She is so cute. REALLY cute. Just trying to keep pace with sis I guess.
Your little girls are so darn cute! I must admit I look at your blog all the time to see how you're doing with 2 girls since I am now following the same route! I was going to ask you how you like Ohio though. Cliff is going to start his clinical rotations in January and we have the option to go to Ohio....Anyway thought I would ask you since you know firsthand! Take care!!!
If you come visit us too I promise I won't wipe syrup up with my hair like I usually do.
Those pictures are adorable. I LOVE that beanie and Audrey looks great wearing it! Also, what a great idea with the laundry baskets. It is SO hard being stuck inside these days and that is why you need to come over! Lets plan a day and SOON.
Love the hat--too cute!! So glad you enjoyed Bryan's week off and really relaxed! Back to reality right?!
Adorable pics of the girls!! So my idea would be to get a subscription to Family Fun. Maybe you already do, but they have great ideas every month of creative stuff to do with you kids! I can't wait till I have older kids so that I can do some of the cute ideas!!
I have a great idea! You should keep me company. :) Ben's gone at school all day which feels pretty long (not as long as being on call, but still feels long to me) especially on test week. Sigh. But seriously, we should hang out sometime. I do think that's so smart to keep "special toys" in the closet. I'll have to remember that. Oh, and I love those mum-mum wafers. I think that'll be a "special" treat for church and simmer down time.
I hear you on that one! The extra toy basket in the closet is a great idea.
Post a Comment