Sunday, February 14, 2010

L-O-V-E

Is it pathetic that the only Valentine Day pictures I have are of my children? Not a single one of Bryan and me and our undying love for one another. What is wrong with us? Bryan did give me a really sweet V-day card that had a sweet little message about how when the chaos has all settled and we finally get a minute to talk and be together, that is his favorite time of day, etc. cheesy, blah. Don't you feel like it's the truth? I mean don't get me wrong, I obviously adore my children, but those few little moments I get to just sit and talk to Bryan are really nice and something I really look forward to. I should have taken a picture of Bryan and me talking. Maybe I'll leave that to the next post. I feel really fortunate that I have that relationship with my spouse and that I know he genuinely enjoys my company. We just work really well together. So without getting too cheesy or sentimental I just want to let Bryan know that I am very lucky.

Now back to the important people (obviously by the pictures on my camera)
We made cupcakes. I don't know if it was necessary to take a picture of the boxed cake mix cupcakes I made, but the frosting is homemade and we did stick fancy toothpicks in so...
I also put the girls in the cute little heart outfits their Grandma sent them at Christmas. Audrey is giving fake smiles these days. It looks more like she's squinting but at least she wasn't...


crying. Smiling through the tears. I had even shaped their hair into hearts. Maybe that's why Julia was crying. The price we pay for beauty and holiday spirit.

We had pink pancakes for breakfast...
and Audrey hogged all the bacon. She is a true descendant of the Phillips'. We are lovers of bacon.
It really was a great Valentine's Day. I feel so fortunate to have so much love in my life. A wonderful supportive husband and two beautiful little girls. Now I just have to remember that when my 4 year old is whining constantly and my 1 year old insists on being held every time I'm in the kitchen trying to fix something and when my 29 year old forgets to tell me how wonderful I am ALL the time.

Happy Valentine's Day!

6 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

The cupcakes look delicious, wish I could eat one (or 5). What a fun mom you are-heart shaped hair and pink pancakes for breakfast?? Lucky girls, and lucky Bryan to have you!

John-David and Kathryn said...

Heart shape heart, you really out self this year. I think you better invest in a sled for Brian. We have that same sled and it's just not made for adults. I love that Julia has recitals all the time. What a good way to measure her progress.

Jody said...

How fun!! The girls are adorable.. Tell your 29 year old he needs to behave!!

Phillips Family said...

Happy Valentine's day. We hope you felt loved. Was the bacon pink as well?

natalie palmer said...

trust me the bacon hogging isn't just a phillips thing... the palmer side has some serious bacon loving going on and scott has definitely learned to fight for his right.

kiki comin said...

i love reading your writing. i am still smiling because i can hear you say all of this. i LOVED your box cupcakes..they are too cute. i love how you do fun things like pink pancakes, heart hair..holy cow, girl..YOU ARE AMAZING!:) (my family got none of it!)ha!