Here's some things I learned this week...
1. Snow Days=incredibly unproductive days where the girls and I don't get dressed until after noon and eat junk food all day.
2. Getting a hot dog and cheetos at Sam's Club for lunch first of all does NOT count as a healthy lunch and second of all will be regretted dearly. As in the words of the wise Jim Gaffigan, "Did I eat that or rub it all over my face?" (watch the video, you will not regret it.)
3. Laundry is the bain of my existance. Walking down two flights of stairs to get to the washer/dryer is horribly inconvenient and therefore my excuse. I think I did seven loads of laundry this week only to come upstairs to two full hampers. Dang you laundry.
4. While I sit and watch the Olympics I should be productive and fold laundry, but I have decided that I would much rather just sit there and watch t.v. I really shouldn't let that heaping pile of clothes distract me from what's really important.
5. We had a great primary activity this week (for our church). Things went off without a hitch and there were only a couple of handfuls of teachers that had to witness me embarrass myself by reading a story(animatedly I must say) to the kids. Overall a success I say.
6. I like Diet Dr. Pepper, and I will not be judged for it.
7. Winter makes me hibernate and eat large amounts of unhealthy food. And it sucks out a great deal of my desire to exercise. Overall a great combination.
8. Julia has developed a great love of coloring this week. Bryan got her a Strawberry Shortcake coloring book and new crayons and it has been all she's done since. Bryan offered to take her sledding on Tuesday and I jokingly said she didn't want to go because she wanted to color. Her response, "Well I can take my coloring book and color in the car on the way to sledding."
9. Audrey calls Julia, "Juwee." I think it's going to stick, she's been doing it for a while now. Sometimes it comes out a bit more like "Doowee."
10. I don't think I'm ever going to finish "The Three Musketeers." It's a great book and all, but I
am struggling to get past the middle. Oh, Three Musketeers I will not let you get the best of me!
11. Julia's been having kind of a rough week. You always want an excuse. I have gone from her sleeping poorly at night, she must have a cold, this dang weather, etc, etc,. Whatever it is, she did get sent to her room one day and in the midst of a fit somehow got her hair stuck in a purse.She's going to be so glad I took this picture someday. She'll be like, "Thanks mom. I'm so glad that the world got to see that when I threw a fit I rolled around on the ground and by some freak chance I rolled over this purse and got my hair caught in the zipper. SO glad you took this picture." I am a good mom.
12. Unexpected packages from my favorite Aunt and Uncle George and Joan are the highlight of the week even if the package wasn't for me!I can't even begin to tell you how much it means to us that you were somewhere, and you saw this calendar, and you thought of us enough to send it to us and bring a smile to our face. The cartoons are hilarious and your thoughtfulness is incredibly meaningful. Bryan absolutely loves it. We love and miss you!
13. When Audrey is constantly (and I literally mean constantly) asking me to read her a story the excuse, "I can't I'm doing something really important on the computer," just doensn't cut it anymore. "Read, read, read!"
14. The best part of the weekend is that Bryan gets up early with the girls and lets me sleep in for an hour. He's the one getting up at 5:30AM during the week and he lets ME sleep in! Bless you Bryan!
15. You can make a package of refrigerator cookies appear like you made double by cutting them in half and making 24 rather than 12 (so that when you take them to your meeting as refreshments you can eat one or two and no one will notice.) And you can pass them off as homemade. A double win if you ask me.
Covey Seely
6 years ago




10 comments:
I love when you put up posts like this. I should probably just sum it up with I completely agree with EVERYTHING. I think we are soulmates when I read them. I am glad you take pictures of Julia throwing a fit, hopefully someday she'll laugh. Laundry is the bain of my existence too. For me it isn't the washing or the folding, but the danged putting away. Pretty sure I still have laundry from the beginning of this week in a pile "waiting" to be put away. Can't wait to come visit, then maybe we can eat completely unhealthy foods without any desire to exercise cause that's basically what I do! :)
I wish you hadn't told me that hot dogs and cheetos is an unhealthy lunch. I'm going to have to make some changes. Last week may have been a bust but this week should be a blast!
Oh ANNIE, you are a great writer!! Sounds like your winter is somewhat like ours only you have more snow!! When your stuck inside all the time you have to pitch an occasional fit sometimes! She looks darling even while pitching a fit.. Laundry oh why.. Hey at least you have been busy learning a lot of things this winter.. Now sit back and enjoy a Drink!! Oh by the way so glad you gave that book of pictures to your mom it is Jenna's favorite book to read at her house.
So wish I could hear that cute little Audrey calling her sister's name! I am right there with you on the olympics..it sucks you in and I get nothing productive done EVERY night. Why is it that the laundry triples with another kid, and way to go Bryan!!
i agree, i agree, i agree. i can't wait to see you!
You have such an adorable family. I so wish we lived close and could get the kids together. Emmy could really use a girl her age around and they seem equally dramatic. Your pictures make me feel like maybe my life is sane... or maybe yours is as insane as mine. who knows!
Cute stuff.
Oh Annie I can always relate to your lists. Lucky for us we have a laundry shoot which is wonderful and makes laundry so much easier. Especially because the kids love to put all the clothes down it! (But I do remember the days of carrying it down 2 flights of stairs and then back up.) But I agree that folding and putting away is over rated which is why it stays in the basket for days and nobody in my house can ever find anything to wear. We need to trek down there again some time soon.
I knew we were alike in more way than one. Love diet Dr. Pepper too and hate laundry! Hang in there winter will be over soon!
LOL.
Yep, winter does the same to me. Eating, yes, exercise, no. I think it's a protective mechanism from when we were cave women. ;)
Love that diet Dr. Pepper too.
And where exactly are you going this week?!
I want to come visit!
we are going to get along so well. :)
Post a Comment