Monday, March 8, 2010

Ice Cream Super Heroes

For Valentine's Day my girls received a special card in the mail from Nana. The extra special part was that there was ten dollars included to go and get an ice cream and toy from the store. So during Bryan's week off we went to Target and let the girls pick out their toys. Audrey started out strong holding her money and checking out the merchandise but was quickly distracted. We soon realized that the money and the toy she had chosen were both missing. After a quick scan of the aisles this is what I found...

Luckily we had earlier traded the ten dollars for one dollar because she obviously cannot be trusted.

Julia had higher hopes for her ten dollars. Unfortunately a big bike is a bit more than that. So she settled for a Jasmine doll.
After the store we went and got ice cream with sprinkles. Audrey and her tiny babies enjoyed the ice cream.
Julia loves her some chocolate.
Earlier that same day Julia had a super hero birthday party to go to. All of the other guests were boys, so we had to come up with something for Julia to wear. She was really worried about all of my ideas but we eventually compromised and put something together. She really did look adorable. What little girl doesn't want to be a princess superhero with a pink baby blanket for a cape?
After looking her over I suggested we make her a superhero mask. Bryan thought this was a great idea and went to see what he would come up with. Well when it was all done Julia REFUSED to wear it. But Audrey, always being the good sport, decided to humor her dad.
We decided she kind of looks like a mexican wrestler (you know like in Nacho Libre). We could not stop laughing at her tiny little body and that mask with weird hearts drawn on the side.

In the end we gave Julia "cat eyes" which she was also very leery of. She wasn't sure they were ever going to come off. While Julia was at the party...

The masked superhero decided to just eat her breakfast. she insisted on wearing the mask until she realized it interfered with the spoon to the mouth motion. She looks like my dad when he eats cereal (no offence dad, but we all know you rock a good milk drip on a daily basis.)And now it's back to super hero saving the day business as usual. This is one superhero you do not want to cross.

11 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

It was so fun seeing you all! We miss you already, but I am sure you will be happy for a little peace and quiet for a bit! :) Such cute, fun little girls. We LOVED playing with them and you guys. Hope to see you again very soon!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh, that is how I want to remember Audrey for the rest of my life. That first picture of her in the mask has some weird foot to the right of her and I CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHERE IT IS COMING FROM. Explain.

Lucy said...

I love the little babies with Audrey eating her ice cream, oh how I can relate to that!!

Phillips Family said...

We have been laughing for almost ten straight minutes. That could be one of the funniest pictures of a little girl that I have ever seen!!! Too cute!!

kiki comin said...

bryan TOTALLY has a future in the costume business. seriously. in other news...i miss you.:)

alliehoopes said...

good story. i had to go back and check out the foot. and now i have to go watch ignasio.

Jody said...

That made me SMILE!! They are beautiful!! Even though it made me miss them. Funny little girls.. Audrey so glad you found your money. Don't let your parents trick you with the $1.00 and $10.00 bill again! They owe you money and make them pay up!! Cheers to COLDSTONE and Princess Superheros..

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

So, Eric and I are always looking for the next superhero duo to be for halloween...AND WE FOUND IT!!! You guys are so funny!!!!

Perry's said...

What a nice valentine suprise to be able to go to the store and not have to spend your own money! I love the super hero outfit you are too creative. I was dying over the mask. I can't imagine why she didn't want to wear it? Maybe she will wear it to dance sometime? :0

Katie said...

That is too funny. I actually laughed out loud reading this post. I love the picture of Audrey eating cereal with her mask on. Classic. The girls are just darling. When are you going to bring them to our nations capital? They obviously have great taste and culture (with you and Bryan as parents, how could they not?)

Leah said...

Oh my gosh, I am cracking up. Hilarious! You will have to include these pictures in Audrey's wedding video someday!