Thursday, April 15, 2010

30 Years Young

It happened. Bryan is officially an old man. 30 years caught up to him and now a midlife crisis is inevitably approaching. He actually did have kind of a hard time with the big 3-0 for whatever reason. Luckily he gets to celebrate it with such amazing girls that showered him with gifts.


We went and had dinner and to the delight of all he was able to don a sombrero and do a little dance on the table while balancing his fried ice cream on his head. We were all so impressed that an old thirty year old was able to even climb onto the table let alone cut a rug. Okay, so maybe there wasn't any dancing and balancing but there was delicious fried ice cream and no thirtieth should be with out that. Unfortunately ice cream consumption will now have to be limited because when you turn thirty your metabolism slows and you get fat on your back (believe me I know ALL about this).

Great friends to celebrate with. Nate kept trying to steal Bryan's sombrero and at one point we had a bit of a tug-o-war but he was consoled that when he turns thirty he will probably get to wear a sombrero too. There was a brief slap fight but things resolved quickly. It's always a party with this crowd.
I guess this is where I'm supposed to write thirty ways that I love Bryan but I thought that instead I would write this poem:
Though now you are old
I might be so bold
to tell you that even though
after 7 years of marriage we still live in this tiny condo
I think someday you will make money
and that makes me very happy honey
and that I think that you're great
I would even love you if you gained some weight
You are the best dad
the girls are telling me all the time that you are rad
you make me laugh a lot
and I think you are hot.
I love you Bryan and happy birthday two weeks ago or three or whenever the 31st of March was. I hope you were able to find your car after work today. You know how that mind goes after thirty.
Now enough about Bryan...check out this boo boo I got!
I fell on the ice when there was this random ice storm and being the protective and wonderful mother I am I sustained a major wound while trying to protect Audrey from the brunt of the fall. Now I know there were collective gasps as you viewed that graphic photo but I assure you the scabby nasty itchy is all gone now and I am on my way to a full recovery and I am happy to report that Audrey came away completely unharmed from the aforementioned incident.
And I got the girls some matching leotards on clearance (no I will not tell you where from, don't you judge me). Of course I had to take a picture.

8 comments:

Kara said...

Nice legs Bryan...

kiki comin said...

it's okay, i shop at that same place when things are on clearance too. you are quite the poet..and happy birthday,bryan!

Unknown said...

I don't shop there, period. Nate still looks totally mad about not getting the sombrero in that picture. Then he took it out on me all the rest of the night. Your poem freakin rocked by the way.

Ryan & Amanda said...

You are quite the poet Annie, chalk that up on one of your many talents! I love the leotards, and if they are clearanced I say the cheaper the better regardless of where they came from (unless they are used, that'd change things quite a bit :)! Glad your wound healed nicely and that Audrey was kept safe, add that to the battle wounds of being a mother!

cheeks said...

annie, you make me laugh! great poem! i'm glad that wound healed....it was nasty :) good to see you back in the blogosphere!

Phillips Family said...

Always the picture by the stair case. Your hand looked awesome...i bet you got all the chicks.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Happy B-day to Bryan...even if it was about a month ago! We think he is pretty rad too.

David and Kristi Gailey said...

You are so funny Annie. I'm glad Bryan had a good Birthday even though he is getting so old. I am also glad that your wound from the fall is better.