Thursday, April 8, 2010

Confessions

So I'm waiting for my new computer to be shipped to me. It is taking longer than expected and I am going crazy looking at all the pictures on my camera and not being able to blog. It will be coming. Until then I am getting antsy. I need to blog about something.


Here are some of my confessions


1. I have eaten three times as much of my childrens' Easter candy than they have. I am ashamed.


2. I have never ever sent a text message on my phone. I don't even know how to. I've received a few lately, which is kind of exciting.


3. I have never ever made home made bread. Never. I don't even know how to work the yeast. I've never even made bread machine bread. But I have made rhodes rolls/bread a time or two.


4. I have been on a reading kick lately. So when Julia comes down from her hour quiet time I tell her she needs to keep being quiet so I can read.


5. It took me 30 minutes to thread the bobbin on the sewing machine I got for Christmas. I know that it will take me that long to thread a different color so everything I have sewn in the past few months has been with black thread. It's amazing how versitile black thread is. Well, I suppose I've only sewn like four things so maybe it isn't that versitile.


6. I cut a pair of old slacks and turned them into black shorts. I folded the bottom up and sewed it totally crooked. I don't care. I wear them anyway. Totally not worth un-picking them.


7. If you call me on the phone I can pretty much guarantee that we will talk for at least twenty minutes. I can go up to an hour (I think I have even been guilty of two). I don't know what is wrong with me. I just keep on talking.


8. I am nearly flat footed (is that a word?) I think it hinders athletic ability because I run really slow. When we would do the 40 yard dash in gym class I would just want to die. The football players would time us and my time was SO slow. It was a cruel form of embarrassment if you ask me. I would just cringe as I crossed the finish line and the cocky football player would yell out my time. The shame.


9. I have back fat and it makes me very angry.


10. I literally cannot walk out of Target without spending fifty dollars. Half of which is spent on stuff that I didn't really need but it was on clearance and I might need it in the future and how could I pass it up when it was just two dollars I mean for that price I had to buy six and in four years Audrey will wear it every day and it was just a such a great deal. Today I found little bramuda shorts that were on sale and of course I had to get matching and of course I had to find shirts to match. It's a problem.


11. I don't really like Oprah. She bugs me.


12. I do like reality t.v. Maybe it's seeing so many people act like complete morons that is just mezmorizing. It's hard to look away.


13. I know all the words to the theme song "Duck Tales." Do you remember that show? "Life is like a hurricaine here in Duckberg..." We used to watch Disney Afternoon every single day. I could probably sing a bit of Rescue Rangers, Talespin and Gummy Bears if asked. "Gummy Bears! Bouncing here and there and everywhere. High adventure that's beyond compare. They are the Gummy Bears..."


14. I have been spelling "separately" incorrectly for my piano students for five years. I tell them to play their hands "seperately." Until recently my eyes were opened by one of my students who told me to think of "a rat" "separately". So yeah pretty much humiliated. The student apparently became the teacher.


15. I stay up way way way way too late at night. And then I'm a beast of the field the next day. I have so much admiration for those that go out running at four a.m. and clean their house and do fifteen projects and make pancakes and learn chinese, etc, etc. Though I must say it is pretty impressive that I can get me and the girls up, dressed, fed and out the door in thirty minutes.


16. In reference to the previous confession, I drop Julia off at preschool without makeup and in sweats. I'm pretty sure that when I pick her up her teacher thinks that I am a different person.


17. I just found the anniversary card that I bought for Bryan. Our anniversary was a couple of weeks ago. Even worse, do you know what I thought when I found it? I can't believe I spent three bucks on this thing! Maybe he'll still appreciate it a month late?


Well that went on longer than planned. Apparently I had a lot to get off my chest. Until I am finally able to load pictures on my computer, I just had Kara take more professional pictures of my girls. There are so many wonderful ones that I will officially post later but until then check them out. Kara never ceases to exceed my expectations.

15 comments:

Brooke said...

Annie I loved your confession list!!! I just BARELY made homemade bread for the 1st time...and I was scared to death...of the yeast! But it worked somehow! Your girls are so darling...and always dressed so cute. I loved the new pictures. Hope your doing well!

Ryan & Amanda said...

I LOVE your confessions posts. I feel like most of them (I sadly do not know the words to Duck Tales or the other cartoons :( ) I completely relate to. Especially the walking out of Target spending 50 $-yeah I definitely do that for the exact same reasons as you, and the back fat-really I am way too young for that, but it's definitely there as well :( I actually think you are a great seamstress with your cool, fun, quick, crafty projects. Can't wait to see all of your pictures, and I hope your computer comes very soon! I am completely in love with the pictures of Julia and Audrey, their outfits are perfectly adorable, and they are the perfect adorable little models!!!

kiki comin said...

so if i call you, will you talk to me for 20 min-2 hours. cuz there are many moments in my life that i need a little annie humor. i can't wait to see your crafty sewing projects AND i can't tell you enough how much I loved and appreciated the fine art of your birthday card to jess. it. was. classic. and the pics of the girls are perfect. PERFECT. move here please. pretty please.

Kara said...

Just wanted you to know that I read EVERY single word of this, am I the best friend ever? Yes.
Oprah also bugs me.
Landon knows every lyric to every childhood cartoon and sings them to me and Bex regularly.
I have never gotten off the phone with you in 20 minutes or less.
I, too, just learned how to spell separately a couple of years ago.
I wouldn't mind if you texted me back once in awhile.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Annie, it has been way too long!! So fun to read all this as usual. To be honest I just barely started texting too--I tell people if I don't get right back to them it's because I am still working on it... A couple of weeks ago when J.R. looked at your blog he said, "I miss that man Bryan Palmer. He is so dang funny." Anyways, we miss you all. Hope everything is going well.

Heather said...

You are a stinkin' hilarious writer. Loved the list as well. I could join you in the Disney Afternoon sing-along. And I am an embarrassingly slow texter. If I'm ever with Noelle, I have her text for me.

Phillips Family said...

Ah, the disney afternoon...something Eric and I enjoyed well into our teenage years...

Sarah Walton said...

Love it!! I've never made bread either . . . I wish I could, but yeast scares me:) I think I know all the words to those cartoons as well! good times.

Dehner Family said...

So funny! I have so many of the same confessions! The easter candy, staying up too late, hating Oprah, and yes the dreaded back fat! (Probably because of the candy situation!) I think it's here to stay :( You are a crack up.

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

"Race cars, lasers, airplanes, it's a duck blur..." The first time Eric and I sang that in HArmOny is when I knew we were meant for each other! I just checked on your computer and it is, "in route" and I gave them an ear full and have been assured that if it is not there soon I will be getting some free upgrades...sorry it took so long!!!

Unknown said...

I told you! These posts are golden. You are golden. We are gold and silver together. I do not believe for one minute that you have back fat.

Monica said...

This post made my night, Annie. You are a good writer and I love your sense of humor. AND I LOVE LOVE love those pictures. They are GORGEOUS!

Murrays said...

Although, I am sure Stella doesn't know how to spell separately, PLEASE tell me she wasn't the one! :)

Allyson said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

I could not get enough of this. Basically, you're my idol.

I will never even attempt to bake bread. Thank you.

David and Kristi Gailey said...

I love that whenever I talk to you it is twenty minutes at the least, even if we have just talked the day before. I also love that many of your confessions are the same as mine. So don't try to text me and feel free to call me any time of night, I will most definitely be awake. I few of my confessions are that the only reason I sew a little bit is because my mom gave me an awesome computerized sewing machine that threads it's self. And yes, I am finally reading blogs again, but my kids and I are still in our pj's and we haven't done a thing yet today.