I always knew it was going to happen. It happens every single year but it never ever gets any easier. When you live in a place like this where people tend to go you are going to have to say goodbye. I will have lived here for eight years and you can imagine all the people that have come and gone. I remember six year ago when I was getting ready to move wondering how in the world I was going to survive in a place as remote as Ohio. That being said, I also remember having this distinct impression that I would meet so many wonderful people that would be important to me. So though I must say goodbye to so many, I am so so very appreciative that I was able to have them in my life for a small moment. We were able to start our families together, talk about child-rearing woes, share some sad times, share even more happy times and really become like family. I am so thankful for that.
This is a picture of Julia's 2nd birthday with Hannah and Jansen. We said goodbye to Hannah two years ago and now we have to say goodbye to Jansen and Aiden. She has been saying in her prayers this week, "Please don't let Jansen and Aiden move away." Oh it makes me so sad.
Here she is today with her best boyfriends. They have helped teach her to share, stand up for herself, play trains, give a really good "ALLLLLL ABOOARRRDD," play superheroes, laugh and most of all to have fun.
Dang it I get teary eyed seeing these kids together. (thanks for the beautiful pictures Monica)
Not only Julia but I have to say goodbye to these wonderful women. They have been such examples to me. I have known fewer women that have more faith, patience, humor, selflessness and kindness than they. I will strive daily to become more like them and hope hope hope I can someday be a mother and friend like they are. Oh my heck here come those dang tears again...
They even celebrated my birthday two weeks early because Jessica is leaving next week. Julia's little buddies came and watched her dance recital this week. She was THRILLED. She was disappointed though because when it came time to clap she told me, "Jansen and Aiden didn't clap they just stared." I told her it was because they were staring at her awesomeness. They are seriously the cutest little boys.
Audrey and sweet Natalie. Every day Audrey asks to play with "Nateee and Soapie." (Sofie ran away before I could snap these pictures). They are such fun girls to play with.
The squinty kids.
Even the boys got to have one last hurrah before moving day and went canoeing.


So to all those wonderful people I have said goodbye to already, to those I will say goodbye to in the next month and to those that I will say goodbye to in a couple of years, thank you. You have all made me cry. I hope you are happy. Lucky for me there are so many wonderful people here in Ohio to keep me company...and then of course move away in a year. It is a never ending yet wonderful cycle.
Covey Seely
6 years ago




14 comments:
that post just brought me back too fast to a year ago.and i don't know who has the easiest end..the one leaving or the one being left. all i know is that when you leave, you realize all over again times a million how awesome your friends really are. i've actually been thinking a lot about you the last few days. hope this next few weeks goes okay. love ya..and miss ya!:)
it really is a wonderful....yet vicious cycle isn't it?! i'm not really a fan of people leavign...nor will i be when i'm the one on my way out. there are just too many amazing people to get to know and the time is never long enough! hang in there!
OH ANZIE!! You made me cry!! Good byes STINK the big one. Good thing for phones they keep you close to those you love and miss. It's not the same, but better than writing letters. Wish we could have seen you dance Julia! You can show us when you come! Audrey that picture of you with Natalie is so adorable.. Wow you r a big girl.. It makes me sad that you've grown so fast. See you soon though.. Can't wait to kiss your faces off..love you!
Don't get me started...
I don't know why we have to go through this year after year, but I sure am glad that I have had the opportunity to meet the wonderful people we have too. I love the pictures of Julia and "her boys" hugging--so darling. I feel bad that our little ones have to say goodbye. Sadly they probably won't remember much being so young--that's why we love pictures, and blogs to keep updated and the memories, right?. We miss you guys and miss Ohio. Good luck over the next few weeks as the movers go. We need to chat and catch up soon.
Oh man, goodbyes are definitely the worst! It's so hard! I love Julia's leotard, it's so cute! I wish we could be closer to see all of her recitals. We are so excited to see you guys soon!
What to say. Well, not much. Just sit here and cry I guess, which I am. I already had a headache and now it's gonna be real bad. I didn't want last night to be over...maybe we should pull an all nighter at my house on Friday. (I'm not kidding.) Love you! BTW my word verification is handapet. Thought you would enjoy that.
I know your pain. We've been here for 10 years and it's getting rather annoying - really it's been annoying for a while now... You have a good attitude about it!!
Oh Annie. What a sweet post. Totally made me teary eyed though! This really stinks. I don't even want to talk about it. You guys really have become our family out here. :) You better tell me when you make your next trip out to Utah.
I was talking to one of my good friends from Ohio about all the great people we met in OHio. It's so hard to say goodbye to those people. i think your lucky to live in columbus because there are always awesome people moving in. Cute photos of Julia and Audrey.
Annie,
You beautiful thing. I feel your pain and hope you know that I would love to help in your sorrow any way that I can. Although, I know cute jessica and monica are irreplaceable I will try my best to make it easier.
I love you!
Good thing you made such great friends out there, otherwise you would have never made it!! It was wonderful seeing you, Bryan, and your sweet girls this past weekend. We hated to leave. Hope you enjoy this week being home.
How true it is, they are such great people, so hard to say goodbye!
It's so sad to see friends go, I am not looking forward to any of them leaving. I am glad that there are still so many here to enjoy but it's always hard to move onto the next chapter of our lives.
Made me cry Annie! I miss you! And those cute little friends...
Post a Comment