Better late than never I say.
We have an annual Easter egg hunt put on by one of my good friends and the weather was perfect. In years previous we have worn heavy coats and gloves. It was nice to be more concerned about a sunburn and melted chocolate this year. I told Julia that she needed to run and find as many eggs as she possibly could. She took that to heart and I was amazed at how many eggs she came back with. I didn't even have to be one of those moms who go and push the other little kids aside to make sure that my kids get their fair share. Even little Audrey came out with a few eggs, though every time she bent over to pick an egg up the contents of her basket would spill each time.
To top off an already very successful Easter egg hunt someone had brought a bunny and was kind enough to allow my kids to terrorize it a bit. Julia was brave and even held it. Audrey just made random swipes and grabs at the poor thing. She was scared of it but would have bursts of courage. It really made the event even more special.
I love this picture of the kids getting ready to run. Julia is holding Audrey's hand and it was a sweet moment.We made our way over to Cincinnatti to visit those favorite people of ours (the Gaileys of course) and we had such a great time.
And Bryan celebrated in true Bryan fashion. I wonder how many crazy pictures of him I can come up with. too many to count I assure you.

The kids dyed Easter eggs while the men were at Priesthood Session. Have I ever mentioned that when we were growing up we would each individually get a dozen eggs to dye. We are egg lovers. Even though we were at the Gailey's I hard boiled a dozen and a half eggs and not a one went wasted.






6 comments:
Your girls are the cutest things on the planet. We are so excited to get to see you guys, even if it will only be for a day.
I really can't believe my brother at times, I think you should do a collection of your crazy/tardo pics of him. Props to you for putting up with him, and props to him for always being so entertaining!! I love Audrey's cheeser smile in the Easter picture!
happy easter to you. I love that picture of you and the girls. And the logs in the background.
We're all about having another Easter Egg hunt while you guys are here!! Can't wait to see you guys!
I remember us not being so skilled in the easter egg hunting, I remember several easter egg hunts where we couldn't get a single egg....
We had such a great time too. Looking forward to seeing you again.
Post a Comment