So Mother's Day, my birthday and Audrey's birthday all fall within two weeks of each other. Let me tell you a little bit about how these past two weeks have gone...
1. Audrey was sick.
2. Julia was sick.
3. I was sick.
4. I bet I went through 17 diapers on one day...
5. and probably 6 pairs of Julia's underwear.
6. I took nearly 5 hours worth of naps on one day because this sickness made me very tired.
7. Got puked on at Red Robin while eating my free dinner.
8. Had Audrey puke at a friend's house while they were watching her.
9. Bryan worked 13 hours straight and probably put in a 115 hour work week.
10. Googled prolonged diarrhea in children at least three times.
11. Took Julia to the bathroom four times in one shopping trip at Meijer.
12. Stayed home from church.
13. Had to cancel my birthday date because we were all sick.
14. Bryan had journal club on my actual birthday and I spent a total of 1 hour with him.
15. Had to help plan a primary activity and help put on the primary activity the morning after Audrey was up all night puking.
16. Was stuck cooped up not only because of sickness but because of an excessive amount of rain.
So I suppose you guessed it. We indeed have all been sick. I almost forget that I was even sick because my life has really been all about caring and worrying for my girls. Especially this little one...My little Audrey has been such a healthy child, but since we got back from our trip she has been one sick puppy. It's been crazy. She gets sick and gets better and then it starts all over again. It has been two weeks of this. Thankfully she really is feeling better today and I honestly feel like we are near the end of it (oh I hope hope hope so).
I complained so much about my birthday but I must admit it was so much better than I thought it was going to be. I have never in my life had so many people think of me on my birthday. I had some treats brought over, several phone calls, emails, facebook and a friend even made me and my girls lunch. I cannot even begin to say how much that meant to me especially when it was such a crummy week. Then Bryan got to come home earlier then planned and brought me a cake and a gift card to go shopping. And to top it off it was mostly a non-sick day for the girls and I. It really ended up being a great day and reminded of how lucky and blessed I really am.
Oooohhh that chocolate cake was so yummy.
Covey Seely
6 years ago




10 comments:
Sorry it was such a crummy and sick two weeks for you guys. Seriously no fun. I am so happy to hear that you are on the end of it though! Hope you had a good birthday through it all.
Miss you and your darling family.
nice shirt...
still tired.
Seeing those pictures of both girls just laying there-breaks my heart because they are always so happy and energetic! I HOPE you guys are done with the sickness for a LONG, LONG time!!! I'm glad your birthday turned out better than expected and that Bryan came home early to be there for part of it, no fun getting puked on when celebrated a birthday! Good work for making it through everything, with a less than present husband!
Well, we tried to call and wish you a happy birthday, but you were too cool to even talk to us. Hope your girls are feeling better...we have worried about them. Happy Birthday.
Holy smokes girl. It makes me so sad to hear all that, seriously. So was it just a nasty nasty bug? Seeing pictures of your living room makes me want to be in it chatting with you so bad! Oh, and do you always close your eyes when you blow out candles? You should. Your eyeshadow is pretty.
Hopefully the sun is shinning brighter for you and that you are all feeling much better. There is nothing like having sick kids forever and you being sick too. Glad you celebrated like a "ROCKSTAR", and that you felt loved!! That is important!! You are definitely extra special to us. We have been praying for you to all get better.. Missing important friends and family hasn't helped either.. Right... come for a visit again real soon.. love ya kiss and hug the girls.. Audrey you get better...
uggh! we are going through the pukies right now. yuck. i feel for you. and glad your birthday was great.
I agree with Kara.
Nice shirt.
I really was bothered that she puked at my house. Hope that never happens again. JUST kidding! If that is her when she is sick then she is the easiest sick child ever (at least she was at our house). I am sorry that you have had to deal with all of this!! It better be over with now! :)
I'm soooo sorry you have all been so sick. I wish I could have helped in some way. We are due for a trip up to Columbus to see some of our favorite people. Hope you start feeling better. Call me!
That sounds SO miserable. I'm sorry to hear you've all been so ill. I hope you really are at the end of it. Happy birthday!
Post a Comment