Saturday, May 29, 2010

Two is Better Than One

Our beautiful little Audrey girl turned two years old. How in the heck did that happen!? My baby is growing up too fast and I really am not ready for it. But ready or not it came.
Poor little thing has been so dang sick lately so this was how we started our birthday celebration.
Thankfully big sister and frosting cupcakes is the perfect medicine. I got a kick of how Audrey decided to spread the frosting. I suppose the handle works just as well. My kids really love homemade frosting. (What? I think mixing in yellow food coloring totally counts as homemade.)
Audrey would only lick the top of the cupcake.
We had Audrey's favorite dinner from Little Caeser's Pizza. She loves that cheap stuff.
Then it was time for cake and singing. She thought it was pretty awesome. I made butterfly cupcakes with the pretzels and gummy worms. She was even able to blow her candle out unassisted though Julia was ready to swoop in at any moment to give aid.The birthday princess.Then it was present opening time and you better believe that big sister was going to be involved in every minute of that action. I'm pretty sure Julia has played with Audrey's toys more than Audrey.
The big hit was the mini-laptop computer. Audrey will set it right on top of our laptop and type away. She thinks she's so big.
Some things about Audrey at two years old:

She is so little! Tall but skinny. Since she's been sick she's lost a bit of weight so we have literally been putting food in her face 24/7.

She loves noodles and fruit snacks.

She adores Julia and is always asking where she is or is playing with her.

She is such a cuddle bug. She is always giving loves and I must admit I love this about her.

She isn't super adventurous (VERY unlike her sister). She prefers to stay by me and work her way into things slowly.

She is very friendly and waves to all kinds of people.

We are incapable of staying mad at her. She has us all wrapped around her finger.

She loves her naps and her pink blanket ("blank")

Her favorite princess is Belle.

She loves music, singing and pounding on the piano. She is definitely partial to the primary songs. I am always amazed at how many she knows. I suppose nursery is definitely doing some good.

She is hilarious. Now that she is feeling better I am reminded at what a great sense of humor she had.

Happy Birthday little Audrey!



And here's a little birthday video. You will notice she had a very difficult time focusing but it's pretty cute anyways...

13 comments:

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

What a doll!! Can't believe it has been two years...two years since we saw her so tiny and then moved away--sniff, sniff. Glad you were able to celebrate with a little yellow frosting--big in Alyssa's book!

Melinda said...

What a cutie! I saw her at church last Sunday and realized how big she is all of a sudden and that made me realize my little guy is big too. Maybe she can teach him some primary songs since he has only picked up one or two even though we've been trying. :)

Unknown said...

I happen to know that her mommy loves Little caesar's too. She looks so so old in one of those bottom pictures with Julia. I love that girl and miss her millions.

Ryan & Amanda said...

The pic of them in your header is soo beautiful and precious! I love the cupcakes and mixing coloring in counts as homemade for me. Alli loves her little laptop. It's funny how grown up they think they are with those. I'm glad julia got in on the b-day action, it's hard waiting for your own!

donna clinger said...

2 already!!!! Oh she is so beautiful just like her big sister and her Mommy!!! WE sure miss you guys!!!

Phillips Family said...

Oh man, we miss your little girls!! Next time we see them they can torture our little Blasto. Hope Audrey had a great Bday.

The Teeples said...

I can't believe she is 2 already either. That has gone so fast. What a cutie. You and Brian make cute kids. Not shocking since you both are beautiful.

Hope you had a great birthday too.

Todd and Ashley said...

She is such a cutie!! Both your girls are gorgeous. I LOVE the beanies on them too, they are little super models. Too bad she was sick, but it looks like she had a great birthday.

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

Happy birthday, Audrey. She really is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Kenny, Tara, Ashley said...

I too can hardly believe she is TWO already! What a little doll, and she has luscious hair just like her big sis. Love all the pictures. Kara does such an amazing job. Wish she were around here to do ours for us!

When you go to Folly Beach next, DEFINITELY call us!!! You could stay at our place on the way, just make a pit stop, or we would LOVE to meet for lunch! It has been too long! Miss you guys!

Jody said...

WOW!! Where does the time GO? Wish we could freeze our kids so they could stay little forever.. TWO is SO BIG Audrey Jane!! We love you and your sister! So glad you at least got to have cute cupcakes and some presents.. So FUN that you share with your big SIS! I hope that you will get better and stay better.. Your pictures are to die for.. She is model material and so is Julia. WE love and miss you.. Enjoy the warm weather!

Jody said...

OH and I am so glad you love Little Caeser's Pizza!! It is our favorite too.....Who cares if it is CHEAP it's the best pizza!! Which is an all around bonus!!

Cara said...

Oh my goodness! Audrey is BEAUTIFUL! Those last few pics are so cute! I love her little dress and sweater outfit--& her gorgeous eyes in the black & white pic!