Thursday, July 7, 2011

Business Is Good

So lucky when my dad has business here in Ohio and gets to make it a visit with us as part of the deal. My parents came up and stayed for a few days so my dad could take care a deposition. We had such a great time. The weather was perfect and we spent the vast majority of our time outside. It was so great to have this time with them.

We headed out to a metro park that has a working farm. I think my dad particularly enjoyed it because he was raised on a ranch and it brought back so many memories. I don't think he misses dealing with chickens or the smell of those stinky pigs though.
They have a little diner out there that has been around since forever. It literally looks like it was picked up out of the fifites and transplanted. They even had a jukebox. We listened to the Beatles and Jim Morrison while enjoying some incredibly delicious home-made food. It was such a fun little place.

The girls loved the superman ice cream.

The farm really is such a great place to visit. Julia reminisced with her good friend "snowflake" (the horse she named) and we played the old time games and walked through the buildings. It is interesting to think about how much work it would be without electricity and modern conveniences. Life was much more simple and a lot of hard work.

The girls ADORE their Nana and Papa.

The girls lounging in a hammock. They have it so easy. Julia did try to go and collect eggs in the chicken coop. That was interesting. Julia was surprisingly brave battling the chickens but came back empty handed. I don't know if we are cut out for farm work.

Here we are posing with our good friends the chickens. Some of them were missing a lot of their feathers from being "hen pecked" by the larger or "cooler" chickens.

While my dad was finishing his work we visited the rose park. It was so pretty and so hot. Luckily they were running the sprinklers and the girls were able to get a refreshing spray. I love when I get to share these beautiful places with someone visiting.

Audrey found a sandbox and was covered from head to toe in dirty sand. I think I can still find sand grains in her hair.
This is Rupunzel's Tower, we're sure of it.

Thanks mom and dad for the wonderful visit! We loved every minute.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Every day I think to call you...right around 3 my time...dinner your time...so I don't. But now I need some Annie in my life so I am gonna go call you!

Phillips Family said...

Looks like a fun time. We did not see this farm, but the zoo was pretty cool.

Ryan & Amanda said...

So fun to have them come visit!!

Sarah Lunt said...

I don't know how we missed so many of those places when we were in Columbus! We would love to see you guys now that we're back - your girls are so beautiful and so grown-up!