Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Julia's Baptism

We were so happy to have Julia baptized in November.  I had pictures of her taken in her beautiful dress before the baptism.  She really is such a good girl and we are so lucky to have her as our daughter.  I love these pictures of her.  






 She specifically told the photographer she wanted to pick a flower and look at the flower for the picture.  I appreciate that the photographer humored her.  Julia was pretty thrilled to have special pictures taken of just her.
 On the official day it was pretty chilly but I thought these leaves outside the church were so pretty I made her pose for a couple of pictures.  We had so many people come and support us.  Julia felt very loved and I couldn't have asked for more than that.
 Julia and her dad.
 Dressed in their white jumpsuits.  I am so thankful for a husband that is a worthy priesthood holder.  I get so dang emotional at these things.  I could hardly hold it together during the opening song and then during the baptism, well forget about it.  I was bawling like a baby.  It was just so incredibly spiritual.
 The weepy mom.
 Our whole family.
 I couldn't believe the support of family, friends and ward members  It really was so nice.  There is something about family and friends coming together to offer their support.  I always feel like it is a little glimpse of what the celestial kingdom is like.  So many people drove so far.  We were so thankful.  Julia also has such sweet friends in her primary class and school class.  She had several from both come.  That meant a great deal to Julia.
 I also couldn't believe all the presents that friends and primary teachers brought her.  She had a gathering around her for a while as she opened everything.
 We had a luncheon at the house afterwords.  My poor dad just had double knee surgery and wasn't able to come.  Carli and my mom made a quick trip so my mom could get back to him.  Unfortunately my poor mom got the stomach flu something fierce while she was here on her short trip.  Despite the many obstacles I was so so glad that they came.
 We had lots of wonderful friends, that are like family, come as well.  Kara and Ann are holding Kara's sweet twins.
 Ryan and Amanda came with their kids.  We were able to spend a few days with them which was awesome.
 This playground got lots of use.  I was glad to catch so many kids in one picture.  My kids were about as happy as kids get.
 The boys.  Jason and Christie came and stayed at our house and it was so fun to catch up with them.  They have such great kids.  Our great friends the Blaisdells also came.
 Ally and Julia.
 Christie and Patricia.
 Bryan with his mom.
 Audrey and Bexley.
 Kara with those sweet boys.
 Dave and Kristi came all the way from Spokane to be with us.  We love this family so much.  I was so happy to finally meet her baby (not Kara's that she is holding) and to see them again.  Oklahoma was too far away!  Thankfully we live much closer now.

I made a little display of pictures.  I do things like this so infrequently I thought I better document it.
 I
 And finally my favorite picture from the whole day.  I am just so thankful for baptism and that Julia made this choice.  We are so proud of her and are so thankful that we get to be an eternal family.  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful daughters and husband and so thankful for the blessings of the Gospel.

2 comments:

Monica said...

These baptism photos of her are so beautiful. What a special day! Love that you and Kara get to still hang out although I wish I could see you guys too!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Love these photos--such a special day!