So here's what's been going on since Julia's baptism according to what's on my phone. I'm too lazy to go and get my camera tonight so this will have to do.
I went to Julia and Audrey's parent teacher conferences. They both had such wonderful things said by their teachers. It was really great to hear that they are both doing so well. It is also so interesting to me to see what my children's teacher's perception is of them. Julia had this opinion piece hanging outside. I loved it so much because of how decorated and detailed the art is.
Bryan had a long weekend and so did the girls a while back so he took Julia and Audrey on a special overnight date. They went to an arcade and spent the night at a hotel. To celebrate the night Bryan (with a little help from yours truly) got the girls some nightgowns. We got Lily one too even though she was staying home with me. I knew they would love the nightgowns but they even surprised me. They wear them every single night. Lily is certain that as soon as she puts them on she turns into a princess. Once they are on, I have a very VERY hard time getting them off. I am not exaggerating when I say she wore this for three days straight.My oh my they sure are cute.
Bryan and I went on a date. It doesn't happen often enough. It was a beautiful day so we went on a hike without the kids. It was so pretty and so nice to have that time with just Bryan.
The view was just so amazing. We went and blew any calories we may have burned immediately following this. I mean I stuffed myself until I was sick. I guess that's what dates are for right?
It was my Lily bug's birthday. I will share more about all of that when I get motivated to upload the pictures off of my camera. This Lily is the sweetest, funniest little two year old around. We ADORE her.
We went to a pie pig out the other day. Bryan found this blueberry goat cheese pie he wanted me to make. So I made it. Unfortunately the pie required at least double the cooking time that was suggested in the recipe. Needless to say, it turned out like soup. I was a little disappointed. Thankfully the pie pig out was a blast and the next day I cooked the pie again and it was very delicious. I had to send this picture to my friends to prove that it wasn't as soupy as they experienced. Ugh.
Oh my Lily. Could you not just kiss that face off? I love that this picture has her natural smile. No squinty eyed cheesy smile, even though I love that smile too.
I try to be a good mom sometimes and I let the girls have friends over. I swear our weeks go by so fast and are so full that I don't have their friends over often enough. They loved every minute and did lots of art. Lily is pretty sure she is part of the group.
Julia was having a bit of a tantrum one night and Bryan had to show her exactly what that looks like. It was funny and I had to take a picture.
They have amazing lights here in our little town and they had a lighting festival so we went down their with some friends. I had no idea it would be so dang crowded but it was still fun.
We have great friends, that's for sure.
I'm working on my Christmas decorations. I didn't love my mantle last year so I decided I would get new things for it this year. It's coming together, and I'm much happier with it.
We went back to the lights downtown and I must admit it was more enjoyable without millions of people.
Oh my, can you say CHEESE?
We like each other.
Lily was just so happy we didn't make her ride in a stroller. She inappropriately climbed on anything she could find. And of course I just took pictures of it.
They have a little "North Pole" playground this year. The girls played on the swings, sled and playhouse for a very long time. They didn't even care about the cold. There is something about being surrounded by lights and Christmas music. It's pretty magical.
These girls are pretty dang attached to their daddy.




2 comments:
How fun that he took them to a hotel! And it makes me so happy that Natalie is not the only one still throwing herself on the ground. I love Bryan's version. And love your mantle!
I too love your mantle! I also love reading all of your comments about your pictures. You make me laugh.
Post a Comment