
Well it's a miracle. I actually decided I wanted to make something and it turned out pretty good! As many of you know, I am not a crafty person. I just struggle with being patient and I don't have the patience to make things look nice. But every once in a while I'll see something that I think I might be able to pull off and every once in a while I do. So anyways my very great friend from good ol' Evanston is one of the most creative and crafty people I know-you should check out her blog. She just recently posted instructions to make baby leg warmers. I have seen these little leg warmers and I think they are the cutest and I didn't want to spend very much on them. Well, I don't own a sewing machine, but I decided I would do it anyways. So I ran to Target and got the knee high socks for little girls and snip snip sew sew-it actually worked for me. I was later glad that I hand sewed the little leg-warmers because if you sew it too tight they won't fit over the little one's feet. Anyways, it was the perfect no piano lesson Friday activity and I was able to make two pairs for Julia and the next little baby. So maybe I am on my way to being domestic after all!
Julia was shocked at my achievement as well. I wanted her to model them for me yesterday but she wasn't up to it. But in the morning when she has "lion hair" as we call it and her too small pj's on she is more than willing. We are modeling one of each of the little leg warmers and I must say I am excited to put some on my chubby little new baby's legs. So here's our homage to the eighties and the come-back of leg warmers. Now we're off to watch Conference...
Covey Seely
6 years ago




7 comments:
I get you Annie P. You're one of those! That says "ooh poor me, I'm not crafty blah blah blah" and then HAND sews something like that! I know they're not the hardest project in the world but still....you chose adorable socks and they look great! I agree that they are going to be double-cute on chubby baby legs :)
Those are too cute! I am impressed! You can never say you are not crafty after creating those! I love 'em!
so domestic it's not funny...i wish leg warmers were in for boys! they are so cute!
You ARE crafty and super talented! Cute, cute leg warmers! You are such a doll and you seriously have the most beautiful little girl!
Look at you go, and baby headbands all in the same weekend--Mrs. Domestic in the making!
So cute! It makes me want another baby girl... I am excited to see pictures of your new little lady dressed in those cute leg warmers!
(And it's coming so soon!!)
Impressive! Maybe someday I will have a little girl to dress up all cute. Boy's are fun to dress to but a lot more simple.
Post a Comment