Monday, September 8, 2008

Meeks

We have finally returned home after a wonderful trip visiting family and friends. I have so much to post, so I'm going to do a bit at a time to cover all of our fun adventures while we were visiting Wyoming and Utah. Before I do anything, I want to thank all of our family for such a great vacation and for being so great to us and to our girls.

We were so lucky to have Bryan's vacation over Labor Day weekend because that is when my family goes to Meek's Cabin. It is the greatest spot with a large lodge for cooking and socializing and ten smaller cabins. My parents spoiled us rotten by letting us stay in the caretaker cabin that is like a super nice hotel room. It has two bedrooms, a kitchen and has heat. It was pure heaven with the girls. I could put the girls to bed, hook up the moniter and go and enjoy myself. We had such a great time and since it has been five years that we have been able to go, it made it all the sweeter.Here is Bryan with Julia in the lodge. She was dirty from head to toe each night, so you can imagine she had the time of her life.
There were so many fun cousins there for the girls to play with. I didn't get as many pictures of the cousins as I would have liked but I did get this shot of Audrey and little Abe. We had so much fun with the Carlile crew and we are glad that they were able to make it up for some of the time even during the tragic loss of Kristy's husband.
My dad being....well my dad. I wouldn't have him any other way. He keeps us laughing always.
Julia by the beautiful fireplace in the lodge. They have made updates since I was last able to go and the fireplace is so nice.
My sweet Audrey. She was such a good girl the entire time.
My mom with Audrey.
The FEAST. It has become tradition to make this delicious meal we refer to as "the feast." It is corn, sausage, shrimp, carrots and potatoes all boiled together in a crab boil and poured onto table cloths. No silverware or plates needed. You just dig in. It was so yummy. I definitely ate my fair share of shrimp. The crab boil gives it such a yummy flavor.
I think that a diet will be necessary for Bryan and I upon returning home. We ate until we hurt.

There is a pond near the campground that was an immediate favorite of Julia. She loves throwing rocks and feeding the fish. I must say it was also an immediate favorite of...
Bryan's as well. He loves fishing so much and I was so glad he was able to spend the entire day doing it. They have huge fish in this pond and he was also able to go to the river and fish as well.
Julia and her Uncle Adam. Adam was so sweet with her and had Julia wrapped around his finger by the end of the trip. He is going to make the best dad some day.
The play ground. I tell you, pure heaven for this child. I couldn't have picked a happier place for her.
My girls in the sweet cabin we were able to stay in. Thanks mom and dad for the best time! We loved spending time with you and being able to go back to Meeks. It has created memories to last a life time.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THAT FEAST THING. Strangest thing I ever saw. But I trust you, so I know it can't be all that crazy. I'll be looking forward to all the blogging to come till you are updated!

Noelle said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I have to say that "Feast" idea is one of a kind. How many pots did it take to make all that food and what is a "crab boil?"

Kara said...

Finally, you're back...

Katherine said...

Wow! What a fun trip!

Brooke said...

That is the best place in the whole world I think. We went up there with both sides of my family this summer and had a grand ole time...looks like you guys did too!! And your girls keep getting cuter and cuter!

Phillips Family said...

I currently crave shrimp and sausage!! Tell that Julia she needs to come and visit more often. We had a good time seeing you guys.

kiki comin said...

yay! you are back! that feast looked really intense. what a fun part of your trip!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

I think your dad is great with his friendly and fun personality--never a dull moment right?! So glad that Bryan got his vacation time at the perfect time and was able to join in all the fun as well.

ericphil said...

The feast is the last place my camera was ever seen. Damn that feast!