Tuesday, September 2, 2008

For Nate

Growing up as a little girl I had three cousins that were like sisters to me. My older brother affectionately referred to us as the "little craps." We were always playing princesses and "hide the scrunchy" during family parties and I was always so anxious to get to spend any time with them that I possibly could. One of these cousins was my cousin Kristy. I will always remember the girls' trip we took to Las Vegas with her and my Aunt Sue. We laughed, played and certainly had "slots of fun." (As you can see we were also into the inside jokes-Kristy really is a riot.) I remember going to Kristy's wedding and she looked so beautiful and married the nicest guy I have ever known. She has two little boys just right close to my girls that are so adorable and the spitting image of their sweet father. This past week Kristy's sweet husband Nate passed away after a long battle with an unexplained lung cancer. My heart aches for my beloved cousin. It is such a rare thing to see such a wonderful couple that compliments each other so well. It is a rare thing to meet such a wonderful person as kind, giving, funny and easy going as Nate was. I hope Kristy knows how much I love her and how much my heart aches for her as she goes through this overwhelmingly difficult time. I will never forget seeing her come out of the temple on her wedding day with this wonderful man and I am so thankful for the gospel and eternal families. This Christmas in leiu of exchanging gifts between siblings we are making donations to Kristy and her family. If you are ever near a Zion's bank they are accepting donations for an account for Nate Von Niederhausern. Also if you have any inclination for making a donation for a good cause I could think of none better than this. You can also contact me if you want to do anything.



If you are interested you can access his obituary here.


2 comments:

Whitney said...

Annie,
That makes me so sad. I also remember your family gatherings and your sweet cousin. My heart also aches for her. Losing my mother was probably the hardest thing I have had to endure in my life, yet I think losing a spouse would be much harder. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Let me know if there is anything I can do. I would love to see you while you are here.

Unknown said...

There aren't words that seem appropriate for sweet posts like this...I can just imagine from your description what wonderful people Nate and Kristy are. I'm glad you can be with your family during this time.