Crazy as it seems this is my 200th post. I started/created this blog July 2007 right before Julia turned two. So it not only is my 200th post but just over two years since this blog worked it's way into my life. I remember well that fateful day when some unsuspecting ward member invited me to view their blog and I was introduced into this new world. It has consumed more of my time than I would ever like to admit but it is also so fun to go back and look at all that has happened in the past two years of our lives. So many family events are forever recorded and remembered from taking the binky away, starting residency, sleepless nights, triumphs and disappointments. I really wish that I had some type of big event or celebration to commemorate this momentous occasion, but as I checked my camera and thought of the happenings of this week I was disappointed.
So instead I'm going to give you an exciting list of things that annoyed me this week:
1. Taking Julia to the bathroom that is 1/4 mile away from the Bunny fountains only to have no success because she is afraid of "yucky toilets."
2. When people type lol. I don't know why this makes me want to pull my fingernails off but I just drives me crazy. Especially when paired with a comment like this: " I just went to the store and bought some cheese lol." There is absolutely nothing "lol" about that comment.
3. The fact that my one year old's favorite words of the moment are "mine," and "no." Why oh why must they learn those so quickly. She has gone from my sweet little angel to this little bully. You should see her little tiny self boss her big sister around. Then again you wonder who she learned these bad habits from.
4. The fact that I just mopped the floor and there is smeared oatmeal on it not ten seconds later.
5. I went out to go on a jog and the tire to the stroller was flat and then my ipod battery was dead.
6. That "shirt sticks to your back" humidity that you cannot escape, even with air conditioning.
7. Smokers at the pool. Really? There are little children around and you are just puffing your nasty smoke right in their face. Don't mind us though, just go ahead with your gross little habit.
Okay, okay that was a little negative. No offense to any out there that smoke at the pool or type "lol" at the end of every sentence. Here is a list of happy things that happened this week:
1. Julia can now dunk under the pool and swim all on her own. Her swimming is still pretty weak but the fact she will put her head under the water is a huge accomplishment. We are very proud of her.
2. Audrey and Julia are playing so well together. They just laugh and laugh and it makes my day (even though sometimes they are very loud). I hope that they always love eachother so much.
3. Bryan had a week without a single day of call. I can't even recall the last time this happened. He was actually home every single night for dinner.
4. We got to spend four hours at the pool on Saturday, it was wonderful.
5. I finished a huge project this week and am feeling rather accomplished about it.
6. Julia and Audrey share a room and when we told Julia that we were going to have Audrey sleep in our room tonight in the pack and play just to give her a break (we were kidding), you should have seen Julia's heartbroken face. She said, "Then I'll be all alone! Audrey keeps me safe."
7. Julia loves to sing and loves primary songs.
8. Bryan found this wig from an infamous Halloween costume and we put it on Audrey. I haven't seen anything as funny as her tiny little body running around with this enormous red wig bobbing up and down.
Well there's my 200th post (I know it was a lot of words and I know some that refuse to read a lot of words, I don't blame you). Now here's to 200 more...
Covey Seely
6 years ago




11 comments:
I loved that post! I completely agree with the lol and the smokers at the pool! Good job Julia on swimming the pool and going under-that's big time! And I loved that red wig, it made me laugh! Love you guys and we'll see you soon! Can't wait to see these adorable girls in person! And I am soo glad you have a blog so I can keep up with yall! I remember teaching school I would check your blog like every morning just to see if there was an update!
Were you refering to me? Aren't you glad I read the very last line only just to know that you know how I feel...
haha...kara, you got told!:) annie, i love you more than...well, more than a lot of things..and this post just reminds me how much i miss your sarcastic, lovely little face in my life!:)the boys kept asking what i was giggling at..this really was one to laugh out loud about. (no lol for me!):)
I think Audrey should wear the wig to Carli's wedding. It would go smashing with the fall colors.
That was hilarious. LOL totally bugs me too. I am glad I am not the only one who cringes at that phrase. You guys are too funny.
Annie, you make me laugh. Love the wig as well on Audrey! So glad you started the blog so that we can keep updated on life!
Congrats on your 200th post! Those pics of Audrey in the wig are too funny!
Okay, with that wig and her big blue eyes Audrey looks like and actual toy doll. So funny.
You make me laugh...lol...j/k. Never again will I type that. :) I'm glad that some things annoy you too. I feel like I'm the only one to write about annoyances major or minor on my blog. I'm happy my one-year-old isn't the only one who screams "no" and "mine". But unfortunately there's no older sibling of his to blame it on.
Oh my gosh! I love that wig! And I did just sit hear and laugh, and laugh! Thanks. That was a fun post!
what was the project? Congrats on 200!
Post a Comment