Sunday, August 30, 2009

Pretty School

I have this distinct memory of when I was ready to start pre-school I thought it was called "pretty school." I seriously had this image in my head of this school covered in flowers and gardens and being surrounded by pretty things. Obviously that was not the case, but it is hard to believe that my little girl is now going to pre-school and looking and acting so big. She is in pre-school four mornings a week now and I can tell it is going to be something she enjoys very much.

We attended an open house the night before she started school and got to see her classroom and meet her teacher Mrs. M. She found her name all around the room and found her little cubby.

The classroom is wonderful and her teacher is fantastic. We feel so fortunate to be able to have her in such a wonderful program and we can already tell she is going to learn so much.
We went school clothes shopping before school started because honestly is there anything better than new school clothes? Okay, maybe it was more for me than her, but this was the only outfit that she insisted on having. Whether it was the pink or the bedazzled rhinestones, she saw this shirt and it was love at first sight. She calls the shirt her "rock shirt." I think she means rock star? Either way I may be in trouble. She also requested that I straighten her hair. She was definitely working it.

Don't you love my tiny little Audrey trying to be just like her sister?
Look at how long that hair is!Here we are with the back pack all ready to roll. It is pretty early when we have to leave but I have found that I really enjoy it. It is so nice to be up and out and get so much accomplished in the morning.
Here she is in the hallway of her school where I dropped her off. Julia loves new experiences and approaches new experience with so much enthusiasm. She didn't even look back or hesitate but walked right in her classroom ready to get started. We are so proud of you Julia and are excited to see how much you learn and grow this year.Just because Julia refuses to talk on the phone to anyone I thought I would save her grandparents the trouble and do a little video interview of how her day went. She was eating lunch so don't mind that her appetite got the best of her in the middle of the video.

16 comments:

John-David and Kathryn said...

Julia looks like she is about 3 going on 16. How cute!!! Jackson starts preschool in two weeks. He is pretty excited about it. Darling girls.

Ryan & Amanda said...

I totally agree she is 3 going on 16. She looks so grown up and she is most definitely working it! Pre-school sounds so fun, I can't wait to see you and hear all about it this weekend!!!

Phillips Family said...

This makes us sad that she has grown up so much and we haven't been able to be close to see her.

Melinda said...

What a big girl! I bet it's weird having a kid in school. She'll do so great! I seriously love little Audrey in the background. Julia made me laugh today at church--she was staring at me and kind of did these shifty eyes like she wasn't too sure about me. But then she smiled so I guess she decided I was ok. :)

Unknown said...

I didn't get to see her outfit and straightened hair in person! She was adorable! I hate that her preschool separation from Jansen seems to already be taking its toll...you know with her proposing to another man and all.

Dehner Family said...

She is so big! You will love 4 days a weeks- I only get 2 with Miles, I'm jealous. Her hair is amazing like usual.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Too cute!! So glad it all went so well. I love Audrey posing up against the banister just like big sister too.

kiki comin said...

watch out hannah montana...julia is the next rock star! she couldn't be cuter...love her hair.

Jody said...

Cute BIG girl Julia!! Stop growing up so stinking fast!! You look so adorable in "Rock Shirt"!! So glad your enjoying school.. Little Audrey has a great big sister to look up too.. You both are so special!! Can't wait to see you soooon!! Lots of hugs and kisses!!

Brookel said...

She's is so adorable. I can't believe how big she looks when she's all dressed up for school. Eden's hair is the same way, whenever we see it straight we can't believe how long it is!

emilyy said...

so so cute! I know we just saw you but she looks SO grown-up in those pictures. I swear she was just a baby :) Thanks for letting us hang out this weekend it was so fun to see you guys. we'll have to do it again soon.

Monica said...

I LOVE love her straight hair. She looks so grown up and so pretty. I'm glad that you are happy with her preschool and that she is enjoying it so much. Also, I liked reading about your memory with "pretty school." So cute!

David and Kristi Gailey said...

So cute! I can't believe how big she is.

Nadia said...

How lucky you are to have such a confident girl. Clearly playing (whether in the sandbox or on the playground) was her favorite part of the day!

Heather said...

Can't BELIEVE the hair on that girl. Glad preschool is going well

Cara said...

Holy Rapunzel!! Her hair is amazing!