Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve for us began by getting dressed up in Christmas sweaters and heading off to see the Princess and the Frog. Going to a movie was a tradition growing up and nothing beats a fun Disney movie eating popcorn and milk duds. Audrey was even a trooper through the entire movie.
We then had a delicious ham dinner with great friends. These friends are moving next year so we have had to make the most of our last Christmas spent together. Seeing these little buddies together makes my heart happy. They have been such great friends. Julia eating yummy homemade rolls. Here they are with silly faces. They were all curled up on the love sac watching a t.v. show. One of those cute little moments you could just freeze in time. So we had the professional photographer Monica do it for us.
We then headed on home and whipped out the pj's or nightgowns in this case. Audrey thought she was so big like her sister to be wearing a princess nightgown. I had a really difficult time getting her to take it off.
We allow the kiddos to open all the presents from family Christmas Eve so it is separate from all the Santa gifts the next morning. The only problem was they got so dang spoiled Christmas Eve I'm pretty sure Santa didn't even need to come the next day. Thanks to every one for the wonderful things you sent! Seriously, my girls were beyond spoiled this year.
Audrey giving the baby some love. (Thank you Grandma!)
We then read the Nativity, sprinkled reindeer food on the deck, left Santa a note and some cookies and went to bed. I thought for sure the girls would be up in anticipation but I think Christmas Eve wore them out so much they crashed the minute their heads hit the pillow.

1 comments:

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Love the Christmas sweaters on your darlign girls!! Good idea to open some of the presents the night before--it can be somewhat overwhelming doing it all the day of. I gotta get Alyssa a nightgown, I think she would love it!