Here is the pre-carnage picture of what Santa left at our house. As you can imagine, it got pretty messy pretty quick. I will never ever forget the looks on the girls' faces as they came running down the stairs. Julia started freaking out and jumping around and Audrey's eyes got really large as she uttered a simple, "woah." It was perfect and it made Santa feel a little less guilty for totally spoiling them rotten.The kitchen was an instant hit. Seriously, have you ever seen a cuter kitchen. Word on the street is it took the elves three hours to put it together. Given the play time it has received already, well worth it.
And so we dig in.
Julia got a cowgirl outfit from Santa but was too embarrassed to model it for all of us, so Audrey stepped up and put it on. I am pretty sure it stayed on until she took a nap. Ride em' cowgirl. What's with the random hand in the picture? hmmmm...
Julia knew what she had asked Santa for. Every time she opened a present she would say, "This is great, but where's my Strawberry Shortcake house?" Luckily Santa eventually pulled through in the end.
Some of our favorite people the Hagbergs came and spent the morning with us. I'm so glad Kara got a hold of my camera to catch some awesome make-up-less, pink pajamaed shots of me.
The Bryan with his awesome Transformers t-shirt. I thought it was a great gift, if I do say so myself. But the hit of the day were the Nerf dart guns I gave Landon and Bryan. You can imagine the girls and I were hit with little suction darts all the day long. Never gets old, never gets old. I think the low point was when Audrey took one to the neck.
Oh my heck, what is wrong with us? I think it just looks like SO much because our family room isn't too big, right? Spoiled, spoiled, spoiled. Though I must say as Bryan went to bed tonight looking forward to heading to work tomorrow he mentioned that it really has been a perfect Christmas weekend and I couldn't agree more. We had so much fun, the girls have been in heaven all weekend and we got to spend it with many great friends. The only thing missing was all of the family that lives so far away.
Based on the color palate of this picture do you question that girls live in this house? Whew that's a lot of pink and so much stuff! Where am I going to put it all? And why is Audrey scaling the piano in this picture?
Covey Seely
6 years ago




8 comments:
I think it looks great! I am so glad it was so wonderful, and I definitely think Christmas is for spoiling! I love Bryan's t-shirt, and I wish we could have seen you guys, maybe all the boys could have had a nerf gun war :)
Wow, that is a pink room. Looks like the Annie and Carli's couches when you were little girls.
So fun! It looks like you had an awesome Christmas! I wish we could have seen you guys. We are excited to hang out with you soon. That's so funny because I was just looking at all the toys in our basement and, of course, no pink, but 99% of the toys are monster trucks, cars, dump trucks.... you get the picture. Could they like anything else?
Looks like you guys had a great Christmas...we hope in the VERY near future you guys will move super close!!! We missed you guys! I hope the girls liked their gifts!
What a fun Christmas Annie! Santa brought Hannah the exact same kitchen!! :). I'm glad you had a good Christmas. Ours was crazy busy and delightful!
How much fun! You definately have the girl motif going on. Very different from our cars, trucks, trains, planes, etc... Merry Christmas.
Great kitchen, I am sure a hit!! So glad that Audrey would model the pink cowgirl outfit--too cute. Sounds like a fabulous Christmas!
Okay, we must be blog surfing at the same time... I LOVE that kitchen. The cutest ever. On another note, I love seeing people in the morning in glasses. You look so cute.. Strange I know, but Mike or I don't wear glasses and when I see people wearing them in the morning, it makes me secretly wish that someday we'll have them :) I just know I'll be smarter and more mature with them!
Post a Comment