Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Good the Bad and the Ugly

The Good: Julia got right up this morning, got dressed and hair fixed with minimal crying.

The Bad: Audrey refused to get dressed, screamed the entire time I fixed her hair, wanted to be held all morning and melted when I suggested princess flip flops might not be appropriate for the 30 degree weather outside.

The Ugly: I may or may not have threatened that she go to aerobics naked with ugly hair if she didn't get her act together. Thankfully I didn't have to follow through with this threat.

The Good: I was able to get grocery shopping done today with few problems during the day before Thanksgiving rush.

The Bad: I had to wait in line FOREVER behind some old man apparently getting every single cheese, meat and deli item that was available to him.

Ugly: I may have not discouraged Julia when she kept whining, "Why is he taking so long!" Do you think my added, "I hear ya sister!" was inappropriate?

The Good: I went to aerobics this morning and it kicked my butt big time.

The Bad: My legs were totally cramping like crazy. I will just let that be a reminder to me when I try to eat an extra piece of pie.

The Ugly: I went immediately to Walmart after aerobics. I saw someone I knew but avoided them like the plague. I looked like I should be working at Walmart not shopping there. And I'm pretty sure I was yelling at my kids. Awesome.

The Good: Audrey stayed in the cart the entire time at the store.

The Bad: She totally smashed the bread and the chips.

The Ugly: When she smashed this bread I screamed out loud, "No!" In my defense I was caught by surprise and really wanted to save my bread. Unfortunately it didn't help my "white trash" status.

The Good: When we were waiting in the checkout stand Julia kept Audrey occupied by saying, "Hey let's play "You're not very nice." I was even more pleased when Audrey knew what that meant. It sounds like a game that might cause problems? But I am happy to report it didn't! Total score.

The Bad: Audrey kept grabbing slim jims off the shelf while we were waiting in line. Slim Jims? Seriously? I would have totally gone for the chocolate.

The Ugly: When the check out lady asked Julia if she could come to our Thanksgiving she was met with awkward silence and a look of utter panic. I think Julia thought she was serious.

The Good: Julia read the Princess and the Frog to Audrey needing very little help from me.

The Bad: Audrey kept trying to steal the book.

The Ugly: I may or may not have grumbled when Julia asked for help because I was typing this post. Don't worry. I took a few breaks to help her.

Pretty much the purpose of this post is that I am Thankful.

I am Thankful for all the good moments because it makes the bad so much easier. Heck, It makes the bad not seem too bad at all. Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I wish to be closer to family and to some best friends but that bad doesn't seem so bad when I remember how lucky I am to have such wonderful family and friends. Love to you all.

5 comments:

Melinda said...

What IS it about Walmart!? I find my patience melts away instantly and Emerson thinks it's a freakin' free for all and just because everyone else is acting like a snot-nosed brat he can too. Agh! Glad I got that off my chest. But I don't shop there anymore. My nerves can't take it and I start screaming things like "No! Don't!" too. I wish I could've seen you slinking down the aisles avoiding people you know.

Ryan & Amanda said...

Walmart causes us issues too, and seriously I swear inevitably if I just want to "run in" somewhere before getting ready I always end up hoping someone either didn't see me or at least didn't recognize me. :) And I am glad I'm not the only one whose blog posts sometimes take precedence.

Jody said...

Cute Post! So Thankful for you and your Amazing Family! Love you and hope you had a WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING!

Jill said...

I seriously thought I was reading about myself at Wal-mart. Too funny.

Perry's said...

You are too funny Annie, I love it! Oh and I love Audreys coconuts below I am still laughing!